LHR T4 Immigration E gates closed Until May!

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

Alainboy56, if you want answers to those questions then put a Freedom of Information request in. The problem is, they are loaded questions that will likely come back as “we do not hold that data”. I would advise you ask instead:-

What system/s were put in place to reduce queuing during the egate upgrade?

Was the software operating to border force expectations at the time of the closure of the egates?

Has anybody been called to account for the way the process has been managed?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@alainboy56 – rather than asking Business Traveller

“to forward our demands to LHR/BORDERFORCE”

Why not take this upon yourself to make contact and ask the questions directly to the organization. In the past, posters have directed questions to a host of organizations and used the Forum to inform ‘members’ of the original letter and any subsequent reply.

I am sure a lot of posters, especially those currently suffering, would be delighted and appreciative to read your progress.

Please let us know if you decide to initiate and mange the contact.

Please remember though your contact is in a personal capacity on NOT on behalf of a cyberspace Forum…

AnthonyDunn
    Participant

In last night’s London Evening ToryStandard, there was an article written by Anthony Hilton, the paper’s City Editor, about his recent experience in attempting to gain entry into the US via San Francisco:

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/anthony-hilton-the-harsh-reality-of-trying-to-take-back-control-of-our-borders-a3235991.html

It rather puts 300metre long queues at Heathrow T4 and UK border controls into perspective.

alainboy56
    Participant

Well again, having read the article, yes one should think twice about going to the US, or go on an airline that pre-clears you ahead of that mess and intelligent ‘beings’! (where is the university of Damascus? indeed – he, the writer could have said ‘Shaam’ the arabic name for this City) What jobsworths they are – once again border officials trying to do a job which involves world complexities when they probably have never travelled out of the USA in their lives (as most, approx 90% of Americans have not), and instructed by the so called ‘brains’ upstairs! And they, the USA understand even less of what is going on around the middle east than the British politicians do.
    I leave you all with a line from an episode in series 1 of BLACKLIST; where the main part ‘RED’ says, ‘some of my best friends are Syrians’
    Lovely comment and I can also say that too.

alainboy56
    Participant

I have one more question for you all.
    When we all make our airline bookings, we religiously fill in all the ‘legal’ documentation i.e. passport or ID No., date of issue/expiry etc etc so they damn well know exactly every one of us on that aircraft when it arrives at LHR, or anywhere for that matter. I have seen in Europe, I remember once In Frankfurt arriving from the Gulf,and the Police were waiting at the steps and arrested somebody ‘on that list’
    So why do we have to go through all this rigmarole anyway, when they already know everything about me, all of you, and everybody else in that metal tube well in advance.
    That is a question for the authorities too

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@alainboy56

Did you decide to contact LHR/Border force with your demands/questions?

Hope you keep us posted with your progress….

lesmclaren
    Participant

Well along came May and the only change [as of May 3] was that:
    – the “your terminal is improving with new e gates in May” boards now say “soon” rather than May!
    – the long standing hording around the new gates has been taken down to reveal only 10 E gates, all of which showed “Testing”
    – at least at 14.00 the line was very short for the still manned entry points!!

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls