Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

travelworld
    Participant

Whenever I travel via LHR T3 it’s always a scrum- too many passengers, not enough space. It’s the second busiest terminal after T5. The plan is to base Oneworld there, with non aligned airlines joining the Skyteam members at the greatly improved T4. ( Some Star members will continue to live in T3 until the redevelopment of T1/2 is finished in 2014).

Yet there are still lots of non aligned airlines at T3- Emirates being an obvious one, plus PIA, Eva, Saudi Arabian…. When are they moving?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

T3 is currently the best terminal for handling the A380. So I can’t see SIA or Emirates moving anytime soon.

Binman62
    Participant

There are very very few redeeming points in T3. I would suggest that they are only Virgin if flying Upper class and using their limo and perhaps the BA galleries lounge, if they ever reopen the showers following the legionella scare….beyond that t is a place best avoided at all costs.
    My last trip on BA euro flight revealed that the BAA had continue to tinker with the building as they have been doing for years. It is a hotchpotch of corridors and passenger flow was designed with by someone with a keen sense of humour and no experience of being a passenger.
    They have finally changed the carpets for the first time in over 20 years but it remains an appalling welcome to Britain, particularly if arriving early when enormous queues of people wait patiently to get through immigration and then collect bags.
    This overheated maze is a testament to everything that is wrong at LHR and should be bulldozed…..soon!

travelworld
    Participant

iI’s frustrating that they had a perfect opportunity greatly to expand the check-in area when they filled in the drop off points outside and built the roof over it. At T4 they have simply expanded the terminal into the space available- but not so at T3, where the newly roofed area is simply a pointless piazza.

Ausline
    Participant

Agree T3 is the pits. The sooner BAA realise this and do something about it the better. You have a great flight on the QF A380, as I did recently, and arrive at T3 with no parking bay available and a walk that would just about qualify as a mini marathon. What an inpression.

Frankly I am beginning to think that QF/BA JV services should have remained at T4. I know this was not possible, but what a mess it is now and departues are even worse,

God knows what it will be like from April 2011 when QF/BA have 6 departures in the evening.

As one of OW major global hubs surely BAA could do better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls