LHR T2: Opens 04 June 2014

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

• ImissConcorde
    Participant

Drop off trials on Oct 29th full subscribed in an hour. Makes you wonder how many people in trial.

ekond111
    Participant

AD I think they would only reject an application if they were oversubscribed or if the applicant was not suitable (i.e. a racist – which obviously you’re not) – so good luck.

Be_Nice
    Participant

It will be nice if there is some form of feedback from these trials. A bit like, this is what happened and this is what we’ve done since if there were problems. Or it went really well.

JordanD
    Participant

@ Be_Nice – 14/09/2013 13:21 GMT

From my memory of the T5 trials (and that was a little while ago), they did ask for feedback at the end of the trials and things were acted upon: a perfect example of this was the Purple Flight Connections signs. Originally these were Yellow & Black like the rest of the arrivals signages; I and others at early trials commented that they didn’t stand out … whether as a direct result of this feedback or their own decision making, things changed.

I’ll take that as a positive.

Travellator
    Participant

So BA flights currently T1 go to T3 – Get used to the bus guys !

WillieWelsh
    Participant

I believe there is a fairly big T2 trial happening this week, is anyone taking part? I would be very interested in the feedback and maybe others would be too.

JohnHarper
    Participant

I was lucky enough to be invited to have a look in T2 yesterday and I was impressed.

Initially I thought it all seemed a bit small compared to T5, there are five check in zones which in turn lead to a single security area. That is large with plenty of scanners if of course they staff more than one at a time.

The impression of the main departures area is somehow much lighter and brighter than T5, I’m not sure why as the lighting is similar, maybe it was just because it is all clean and new.

Lounges and shops (there are many of the latter of course) are still in the process of fitting.

Arrival is more bleak, once you leave the main walkway there is no daylight and the baggage reclaim area is a bit dull. The area once you return landside seems very small and I can imagine it getting very congested.

All told though, a major improvement on T1 and it will be good to have all *A services in one place. I believe LH are managing most of the ground services either directly or through an agent.

I also noted that TK are due to move in three weeks before Mrs JH and I fly to IST with them this summer so we will get to see it functioning but before it is too busy.

transtraxman
    Participant

GeneintheUK
    Participant

Is the plan to move all T1 flights to T2 and then renovate T1?

LHR is at full capacity already so I can’t see them adding additional flights with the opening of T2… thoughts?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Here’s the Business Traveller piece of United’s LHR T2 loungespublished on April 10:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/100435/united-unveils-heathrow-t2-lounges

JohnHarper
    Participant

Is there any news on when the other lounges are opening? I know LH group are not moving until October and they seem to be one of the biggest lounge operators.

Westlake501
    Participant

I understand the current plan is that once T2 is fully opened and running smoothly T1 will be closed, demolished and the next phase of T2 will be built in its place potentially with the expanded T2 being open by the end of this decade.

Longer term I think in one of the recent Heathrow development plans it showed T3 also being demolished and being replaced with toast rack style terminals serviced through T2 and/or T5.

Way out in the future Heathrow could consist of T2, T4 and T5 unless of course Boris Island is built and the whole thing is closed down…….

transtraxman
    Participant

I presume lounge operation is the same as airline operation. Then it is so simple to find out.

http://www.heathrowairport.com/flight-information/airline-moves

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Has there ever been a time when LHR has NOT had any building works going on?

CXDiamond
    Participant

LP – if there has I can’t remember it!

I read today that Aer Lingus will have a lounge in T2, that was news to me as I had heard of the four *A operators only, presumably it will also be used by Virgin. Can anyone confirm this?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls