LHR new T2A and T2B

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Something of anu update on the new T2 project here.

I am looking forward to the step change this will bring at the end of next year, although I still don’t belive the otherwise reliable VK that BA will be using it.

http://mediacentre.heathrowairport.com/Press-releases/Transforming-the-passenger-experience-at-Heathrow-2ea.aspx

LHREXPANSION2012
    Participant

It will be interesting to see when T2C will be built, given the fact the BMI are no more. It may even be big enough having just T2A and T2B for all the Star Alliance flights but we will have to wait and see as Aer Lingus will be moved there too.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

What happened to Heathrow East?

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

This is Heathrow East.

BAA’s stated hope is to knock down T3, which is, I guess, where T2C comes in handy.

I also gather part of T1 will now be staying open until phase two of T2A is built. I can’t imagine it will be much of T1, though, because they will need the space to extend T2A onto it. I assume it will be just enough for a small arrival and and departure hall to service that ghastly row of gates that runs parallel to the north runway (used by Aer Lingus).

Bucksnet
    Participant

I thought Heathrow East was Schiphol. 🙂

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

I not posted in a long time as there seems to be people on this form who work for the airlines giving missinformation.

There is no Heathrow East only T2, If you seen the plans for T2 it only eats in to 5-10% of the floor area of T1 well out buildings.

I would look at http://w09.hillingdon.gov.uk/pls/portal/HILLWEB.RPT_DOCS.SHOW?p_arg_names=reference&p_arg_values=62360%2FAPP%2F2010%2F1846 the planing drawings.

But i would point you all to http://w09.hillingdon.gov.uk/images/dv_pl_files/62360_APP_2010_1846/12142-00-EC-904-000001.pdf

Look at the dotted line above the T2 as now in p1, the dotted line show how big T2 will be when P2 is done as you can see it only eats in the outbuildings ie Flight Connectons Centre.

As you can see T1 can still stay open with some road works to fix mess there.

Also P2 of T2 has not been given the gohead by planing yet from my sources.

I known you * People dont like it But it be nice to see BA in T2 it going to happen get over it!!

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

That phase 1 only has 28 stands says much more is needed before it is anything like a viable replacement for T1. Maybe it will keep the bus companies in business for a few more years to come.

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Your maths doesn’t work, HT.

When T2A/B opens it will ADD 28 stands to LHR’s capacity. Closing part of T1 as Chris Buda suggests (and thanks for the very helpful link to the plans!) will remove about 8 stands.

So there is a net gain of 20 stands out of Phase 1.

Phase 2 will certainly add a further 20 or so stands beyond that, so plenty of scope for less bus journeys at both stages.

All in all, a huge improvement.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Does anyone know if the new T2 project currently running on schedule?

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

T2 p1 was ment to be open before the games this year, so Its a lot overdue, but BAA cutting costs from has made it go on longer.
    In the long run cutting cost now and taking longer will cost them more!

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Thanks Chris!! Great to have you back again 🙂 x

ChrisBuda82
    Participant

Ty Becky

Bumping so people see how big T2 and that does not cover T1 as the missinformation people don’t want the plans to be seen and make you think T2 covers 100% of T1 footprint when it only cover some outbuildings:S

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Chris – do you think that they will continue extending it onto T1, once phase two is complete?

Surely T1 has to go eventually? It is so old and decrpit!!!

transtraxman
    Participant

To quote BAA from their website…..

“Some £60 million has been invested in improving your journey through Terminal 1. We also have plans to replace the building completely around 2019 and until then our team are proud to welcome you to their terminal, home of the Star Alliance.”

This is the connection concerning all the terminals

http://www.heathrowairport.com/about-us/rebuilding-heathrow

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls