LHR Charges

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • canucklad

What a waste! I only book reward flight savers ex LHR.

At least you were upgraded!

Irons80
    Participant

I echo @MartynSinclair – recently did Milan to JFK via LHR and back on BA in CW for about £1700, plus 3% cashback on Quidco. It earned me an additional 40 tier points and a load more Avios. The additional time and small cost to fly to Milan is more than off-set by the almost £3k saving I made.

SimonS1
    Participant

So on the one hand BAA is moaning that the regulator “dramatically overestimated” numbers through the airport and they were about 10% below expectations.

However when it snows a bit the whole place falls apart amidst talk from BAA that the place is operating to the limits etc.

Sums up the comedy that is LHR these days.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Forgetting the fact they are also down one terminal which is still under construction. They are actually copping quite well under the circumstances.

Binman62
    Participant

Becky…oh please,,,they are coping well…..

You do not appear to have been subject to a departure from T1 or T3 recently both of which are decrepit, run down and thouroughly depressing places. If you add to this, the misery of a T3 shorthauil departure with BA and the associated bus tour of the building site it adds up to a wholly unacceptable experience.

As for the New Hearthrow East… there are rumours about it’s baggage ssytsem not being ready or indeed fully installed by the time it is due to open, which given the experienece of T5 does not exactly fill anyone with confidence.

I will accept that the T5 experience is a world apart from T1 and T3 however lets not forget that we have had thousands sleeping on the floors of that building in recent weeks.

As an aside I was recently asked what Ithough BA should sell on board aircraft and relied that given the scenes of recent days that they should consider survival gear and sleeping bags……..they were not impressed.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Binman, you really need to learn to chill out and stop thinking so negatively and looking for all the problems, you might find yourself a lot happier. I am not saying this to be rude or make fun but to help you.

Yes T1 and 3 are not exactly 5 star hotels neither nor are they supposed to be.

T2, I couldn’t really comment on the baggage systems.

In regards to the snow chaos in T5 recently this was due to the local hotels hiking up the prices to ridiculous levels than what any airline could afford regardless if BA had discount rates for such circumstances.

Binman62
    Participant

BeckyBoop……..snow chaos due to local hotel hiking prices….

Everyone is entitled to a view, even when it is not based upon reality.

SimonS1
    Participant

Don’t forget Binman, Becky is an expert on things like EK, Virgin and Dubai without actually having used them/been there.

Why would this be any different?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

What I can’t figure out is why anyone would want to pay more to use that dump on Hounslow Heath.

It’s beyond redemption. We need a new airport and had it been planned properly, T5 should never have been built and the new airport would be in use by now.

As EK provide a chauffer service, I find I’m happy to go to LGW more and more just to avoid LHR even though one is six miles from home and the other is a lot more.

SimonS1
    Participant

According to tonight’s Standard, LGW has announced an extra $1bn of investment.

And asked to be released from regulation so they can increase fees by 2% LESS than the regulator has awarded.

Puts the heat back on Calamity Colin and the team.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls