Let Them Eat Cake !

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Anonymous

Travellator
    Participant

Ecstatic about the new BMi flexible economy enhancement !

Cant wait to spend £ 500 return BHD/LHR/BHD for a bit of Lemon Drizzle !

Is it Off With Their Heads for overweight baggage ?

Danwolf
    Participant

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/bmi-to-revamp-inflight-food-offering

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who thought of Mary Antoinette when I saw that flexi economy passengers will be allowed to eat cake…I’m sure it will only be offered once the plastic vacuumed bread rolls have run out… :-p

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

You can just see the Scots in row 6 frothin’ at the moo when the cake stand comes round and stops one row ahead.

Travellator
    Participant

Pint of Heavy and a slice of Carrot Cake please !

Passepartout56
    Participant

A trip to Madame Guillotine is in order for whoever thought this one up. Shades of ‘Let them eat cake…’ This airline really is more than a bit of a joke now.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

BD have come up with some mad changes over the years all as a result of customer feedback (of course!) that no customer I know has ever given but this one if you please pardon the pun takes the biscuit. Heads should indeed roll!

ivornomates
    Participant

whoever thought this dumb idea up and then had some half wit actually try and use it as positive PR just shows what a bunch of amateurs are at BMI

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

Interesting to see the latest LH group figures released today. Overall the company is profitable with LX doing very well (I’ve never had cake for elevenses on LX!) The biggest loss is from what I think is the smallest member of the group, presumably they can use the stale pieces to plug the huge holes in the finances!

seanyjmuclhr
    Participant

Who in their right mind gave feedback saying that they would like to have some cake in return for shelling out a lot of readies for a premium Y ticket? Seriously? At first, I just laughed when I read the news, the more I think about it, the angrier it makes me. You wouldn’t mind if it was a nice wedge of homemade cake presented on a china plate with a real fork, but you just know that this “cake enhancement” will amount to some dried up processed cake slice in a plastic wrapper.

I agree, bmi continues to shoot itself in its foot. It’s not even funny anymore.

Travellator
    Participant

Is it a case of you cant have your cake and eat it !

drflight
    Participant

“We have listened to what our customers want and their valued feedback has helped us to deliver new changes to our menu. Our freshly made cakes in particular are a delicious and very welcome addition to our onboard service. ”

One might think these were the words of some minion in the marketing department coming up with their first attempt at ‘improving’ catering and putting out a feeble press release. But no, these words are attributed, no less, to the Chief Commercial Officer of bmi. Can you believe it?

Does this gentleman seriously think passengers (and when I fly I am a passenger, never a customer) having to pay £500 upwards for a return Flexible Economy ticket are going to going to be impressed by this?

Note the use of ‘freshly baked’ to lure us aboard. In his dreams!

RogEdwards
    Participant

BA did this about 10 years ago with their afternoon Apple Lattice cakes – which was the stage before Birdseed.

I’m sure there is research to back this up.

Dear Mr Passenger – what your prefer?

A – An lemon drizzle cake on a Premium Y flight

B – having your inside extracted with a disembowelling cutless

C – being flayed alive and then dipped head first into a bath of salt water

Our research found that when given a choice 100% of Premium Y passengers preferred the Lemon Drizzle cake option.

QED

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

Landing at Aberdeen in a 145 sounds like option B anyway.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls