Lengthy entry procedures for South Korea

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

Is there any wonder few travellers are taking long-haul flights …

This lengthy twitter thread describes the arrival procedures needed at Seoul airport.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

..and I am not convinced long haul travel will get any easier in 2021. The vaccines may be arriving, but until there are world wide post vaccination travel protocols, discussed and agreed, by Governments and airlines, continents like Asia ware likely to be too scared to open their doors in an unrestricted manner…. Visitors to Australia have been prewarned about the need for a vaccine – I am sure they will not be the only country requiring a vaccine as a condition of entry…… will there be vaccine certification??

As for Ryan Airs current Jab and Go promotion on TV….. tackiness in the extreme….

1 user thanked author for this post.

fatbear
    Participant

Actually, I am quite impressed by the South Korean approach, and would be happy if the UK adopted something similar

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1087095][/postquote]

I flew from the UK to Seoul on 24 October 2020. I completely agree with you, and fully support the South Korean methods. Entry at the airport was very tight and strict, and took hours. After reaching our flat, it was noteworthy that we could not go out for any reason including food shopping (except Covid-19 tests) during the 14-day quarantine, and were not allowed any visitors. (Some food was left outside our door). We were given a compulsory Covid-19 test one day after arriving, and another 12 days later (we were taken to a clinic in an ambulance). The app on our smartphones reported us if we didn’t move the phone for a few hours (then they phoned and said “Where are you?”)

nevereconomy
    Participant

Our Great Leader says you cannot do that in the UK as we are too “freedom loving.” I would personally prefer the South Korean approach and resultant outcome.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls