LCY – JFK – BA 318

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I understand that “BA has informed the US Department of Transportation that it is deleting the A318s from its own air operating certificate and transferring them to the new certificate of British Airways Limited.”

Any thoughts as to what is going on ?

transtraxman
    Participant

This is what I can provide from FLIGHT GLOBAL….
    13th June 2012
    “BA to operate premium A318s under new subsidiary “

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/ba-to-operate-premium-a318s-under-new-subsidiary-372970/

RichHI1
    Participant

Has to be speculation… Could be separate terms and conditions, could be licensing arrangements for legal reasons as this service is only BA that land as domestic or may just be the LCY-JFK service is somdifferent as a Business only service that they want to implement a new business model
    That minimizes the allocated overheads from BA’s LHR ops.

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Perhaps a preparation to spin it off?

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I wouldnt be surprised if they discontinue this service, some of my guys who have used it as of late said that its a fantastic service but on all occasions they flew the flight was only half full at best.

Binman62
    Participant

The AA codeshare on the route has also been withdrawn with passnegers holding AA ticketed sectors having them cancelled and re issued as BA.
    Speculation on other sites that this is precusor to expansion, is related to crewing issues ( they still report to LGW apprently) but so far no definitive explanation for the move

JordanD
    Participant

Binman62 – apparently (from other sources on the net) the reason that AA has cancelled the codeshare is that as per US DoT rules, AA hasn’t had the opportunity to conduct a ‘safety audit’ and other relevant licensing criteria as yet on BA Ltd and until that is done they can’t operate the codeshare.

Can imagine that that will all happen in short order.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls