Latest Security Policy

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/12/business/passenger-screening-system-based-on-personal-data-raises-privacy-issues.html?ref=technology

The link above should give everyone cause for concern unless this is monitored and accurate. How far can this go?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Never mind a matter of concern, the sooner the better IMO.

I fly less than I used to and want to simply because of all this nonsense at airports which stops nothing. I’m quite happy to sit next to someone’s granny and her knitting needles.

I had to use those full body scanners at SFO last year but they’ve taken them out I’m told. I just wonder how soon a mistake will be made and someone suffers a grave injustice, especially when the law is so open and lax withe endless scope for manipulation when it comes to the threat of terrorism.

It happens.

StewartKidd1
    Participant

The LHR and LGW websites both says that small bladed knives ( I think less than 2.75 inches) may be carried in hand baggage – or they used to. I’ve never had the courage to risk losing my trusty little Gerber key ring knife.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Swiss airports allow you to take the small knives but not the larger multi purpose ones. Trouble is when you return, some security oik takes it off you, most likely to add to his collection!

StewartKidd1
    Participant

Thought so ! Just checked LHR site and it says:

Sharp items
    This includes knives (with blades over 6cm), razor blades, box cutters, scissors (with blades over 6cm from fulcrum), axes, hatchets, cleavers, ice axes, ice picks, swords, sabres and sharp or pointed martial arts equipment.

Assume therefore than knives with blades shorter than 6cm (2.36 inches) are permitted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls