Latest IAG Stategy Presentation

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

Some quite interesting bits in this lengthy presentation:

WARNING VERY LARGE FILE!!

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/24/240949/IAG%20Capital%20Markets%20Day%202011.pdf

Hippocampus
    Participant

Thanks for posting this VintageKrug.

A very interesting document and it is well worth taking the time to read through and digest its contents.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Interesting that they are planning on updating the Iberia logo.

Bucksnet
    Participant

They seem to think that the Republic of Ireland is part of the UK.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Which page?

Hippocampus
    Participant

Page 53. Ireland is coloured as domestic (UK & Spain).

VintageKrug
    Participant

Not good; poor attention to detail.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

May be it’s a form of Imperialism!

Flagflier
    Participant

Great Britain, Ireland, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands have formed a Common Travel Area. Flights between countries of the travel zone are considered to be domestic flights without immigration processes although immigration officers may check arriving airplanes.

So not incorrect!

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Flagflier: Good to know this information.

Bucksnet
    Participant

I know about the Common Travel Area, but this is not the issue.

Flights may be regarded as domestic, but the presentation refers to domestic markets.

Tete_de_cuvee
    Participant

Perhaps tempting fate or wishful thinking with respect to Aer Lingus which Walsh has apparently coveted since leaving the CEO role when his MBO was rejected in Jan 05.

FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Tdc: Could this be London Airways’ Big Brother syndrome?

LeTigre
    Participant

I thought it immensely interesting that the presentation provides explicit evidence to show just how very weak IAG is in Asia and the Middle East and Africa.

Another interesting point is that the fleet plan indicates 9 A380s will be delivered before 2015 (4/5 a year), I predict that BA will take the options as A380s are just the right aircraft for LHR but when can/will they take them and when will the option deliveries be?

I also find it a little strange that IAG will not give the actual percentage figures of satisfaction (they just say +whatever%) such as on the new BA First, which is surely an unnecessary level of propaganda.

I recently read somewhere that an analyst still thinks that despite Mr Walsh’s statements to the contrary (mainly due to the pension deficit), IAG will still lunge for Aer Lingus because they actually have rather a lot of Heathrow slots (2-3%). There is of course nothing in the presentation regarding acquisitions (specifically), does anyone think it likely?

Finally, I am too bored I know but I estimate that between now and 2015 the total seat capacity of the BA long-haul fleet will increase from about 30k to 35k mainly due to the 787-9s and A380s. This was done with as accurate as possible seat figures and mean averages on other parts of the fleet, but I think I’m pretty close. All this with the same landing slots seem to be a wise move (15% capacity rise, same aircraft movements), well done BA.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls