LATAM Computer glitch causas false cancelacion – Compensation denied.

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• lima4078
    Participant

I had a flight from Lima, Peru to Cordoba Argentina via Santiago Chile in December.
    A few days before departure LATAM sent a messgae saying the first flight had been cancelled and I could reprogram the flights on their website. I had to scramble to cancel and re-reserve my hotel reservations. I then recieved a message from LATAM saying the original flight had not been cancelled and the orgiinal message was sent after a computer glitch. I had already changed all of my reservations. I asked LATM to offer me some LATAMPASS miles as compensation (not monetary compensation) for the annoyance caused and my lost time. LATAM denied claim.

FYI a couple of months ago on a LATAM flight in Premiuem Business Class the table would not come out of the armrest. Without requeting compensation, LATAM gave me $900 in flight coupons! The current situation was much more of an annoyance than the table not funcioning correctly, but no compensation was offered (not even the miles I requested).

LATAM, all around is a very good airline, but in this case, I feel they treated a loyal frequent flyer very poorly.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Mark
    Participant

They should offer something in compensation as a good will gesture.
    You would not be able to just change your booking at will and then back to it’s original on a restricted ticket as example.
    Bad show LATAM.

cybertravller
    Participant

They really should offer some form of compensation. The computer fault was their responsibility and they should take responsibility for it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls