Last minute BA reward flight availability

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

BA744fan
    Participant

Apologies if this topic has arisen before.

I’m booked to fly LHR-HKG in WT and HKG-LHR in WT+ at the end of August and want to use Avios to upgrade to CW on the return leg.

I rang BA to enquire and they told me that reward seats are sometimes released in the last few days before departure, and I should keep checking the BA website by doing a dummy booking with Avios.

My question is how often does this happen? I would love to fly CW as I’ve never been in a position to do so but don’t want to get my hopes up if reward seats are not going to come available.

VintageKrug
    Participant

A very good chance, I’d say. Keep checking online for full Club avio redemptions as that is the bucket from which the upgrades will come.

You can use your miles/avios to upgrade online via MMB, so if you see availability, get on and book!

Remember, you can also pay for an upgrade via Manage My Booking online, and it’s also worth asking at check in if paid upgrades are available.

Colbr44
    Participant

I have actually just done this, you will need to check reward availability on BA.com and as VG says you must look at doing the full club booking.
    They usually become available 5-6 days before your flight but only if the loads allow revenue to release them. i did find however that it can be difficult to upgrade on BA.com and you may need to call the EC number

IanFromHKG
    Participant

You should also check the level of bookings on each flight, and pick the least busy – that way, there may be more chance of having last-minute seats released for Avios bookings

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls