Last chance to fly 757

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• trusman
    Participant

Hi everyone

NEED YOUR HELP please🙏

What’s the crack with Jet2’s 757’s? How many are left and do we know when the last ones going?

It’s my favourite aircraft and would love my daughter to fly one before they all go. Aware they’re only based in Manchester now and I’m in Sussex so planning forward planning a trip up to Manchester essential.

Jet2 don’t tell you what aircraft on booking so it’s almost impossible to find out.

I can’t seem to identify a specific route they ply daily. What’s the route list from MAN? Are they assigned a specific line per day? I’d probably be looking at easter holidays at the earliest…..

Only other option apart from the going all the way to the states would be iceair from LHR to KEF but the max’s mostly feature now…..

Thanks in advance

cwoodward
    Participant

As of last September 2023
    337 Freight and 245 Passenger B757s were still in service
    It is still possible to find destinations served by 757 aircraft in Europe –
    ReykjavĂ­k (KEF), Manchester (MAN), Dusseldorf (DUS), Frankfurt (FRA), and Edinburgh (EDI). Unsurprisingly, these are bases for Icelandair, Jet2 and Condor.
    Condor has 9 of the aircraft of which 8 are in service and after and after jet2 are the best chance.

1 user thanked author for this post.

YorkshireTraveller
    Participant

Just click through to seat selection on Jet2 booking and you can see if it’s a 757 from layout and number of rows. I’m booked on one to Corfu on 8 June.

Johnnyg
    Participant

You had better hurry according to Jethros latest Jet 2 fleet listing (Jan 3rd) they have only got 7 left but they are sending G-LSAB to St Athan for scrapping, today is its last flight. Leaving Man for St Athan.

tonywells1961
    Participant

My daughter works for Jet2 and thinks there are 4 left to ve phased out by winter 25.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/2719908611560735/permalink/3595357987349122/

1 user thanked author for this post.

GBAIR72
    Participant

Delta from Atlanta lots of choice for 757

nevereconomy
    Participant

That was a great aircraft and all the exit doors were screwed to the fuselage…….

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Besides Delta, as noted above by GBAir72, there’s New Pacific.

No worry about a last minute plane change as New Pacfic only operates 757s.

BTW this airline operates a very limited network around the US West Coast area.

Northern Pacific Airways to rebrand as New Pacific

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

Just as @Cwoodward wrote, i think that after Jet2 Condor is your best chance to fly the 757 and you could plan a quick weekend trip to Spain or Greece. Condor shows you the aircraft type when booking. So you try a dummy booking and then ‘keep watching the space’ to see how often aircraft gets swapped. Though i feel that we have a strike every other week in Germany.

Condor’s 757s will still be around next year as the A321neos are arriving from late this year or next year.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls