Las Vegas City Center: Any Deals

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

VintageKrug
    Participant

I have just read the excellent review of the new Las Vegas City Center complex:

http://www.businesstraveller.com/features/destinations/the-americas/high-stakes

Nice to see BA’s new route from Heathrow to LAS still has the ability to generate a a “halo effect”, even if that halo only extends to XL Airways from Paris.

Did BT/Michelle come across any bargain hotel deals while writing the article?

I know there are a few stonking deals out there, and would be interested to see some featured in the “deals” section, and perhaps linked to the article.

BABenji
    Participant

Coincidentally I was having a look last week, for my annual pilgrimage.

Planet Hollywood is offering rooms from £65 a night and will chuck in a bottle of booze to boot!

I stayed there last year and the location was great as it’s fairly central (Cesars, Bellagio and the Eiffel Tower Restaurant all within walking distance). The hotel itself is good value with huge rooms, his/hers sinks, massive shower etc. PF Changs is a decent enough restaurant and the hotel is above a mall (I forget the name) that has a load of other restaurants too.

The only downside? No more SPG points.

Expedia was showing rooms at the Stratosphere for an incredible £9 a night a couple of months ago, although even at that price I’d think long and hard about it!

MGM Signature suites were offering some good deals aswell; a couple of hundred dollars for their suites, but with free nights included depending on how long you stayed, as well as a couple of hundred dollars “resort credit”.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Hmm. I usually stay at Bellagio, overlooking the Lake.

Never more than $150/night with a $100 Massage thrown in.

Hi VintageKrug,

Thanks for your comments, I’m glad you liked the article. Yes there were introductory rates available at City Center – for example Mandarin Oriental was offering a “stay one night get one free” deal on selected dates until the end of this month. In April, the following rates are being offered: Vdara from $144, Aria from $149, Mandarin from $205 (all plus taxes).

Hope that helps,

Michelle

Bullfrog
    Participant

Mandarin are quoting me $ 425 per night and 4th night free … any better advice appreciated ..

VintageKrug
    Participant

The current buy one get one free deals seem to expire on February 28.

Here are the deals (I was hoping BT might link to these offers, perhaps you could generate revenue by linking similar promotions through your “deals” section here on the BT website?):

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/lasvegas/tempting_offers/

Depending on the planned duration of your stay, the Suite Temptations offer seems best, with third night free, spa benefit (need to establish what this is) and free brekky plus a gift on arrival (again check what this is).

At $465 per night this work out at under $300 plus tax for a suite, which is about right IMHO (although Brown is about to murder the GBP so get it paid in advance as a Vegas trip in the next few months is likely to be pricier than has been the case in a long time).

So it’s worthwhile checking back after 28 February to see what offers might replace that one, though they are not likely to be as good – MO LV is plainly positioning itself as a cut above the usual strip hotels, and deep discounting would harm the cachet it hopes to generate.

Having said that, Vegas hotels are hurting right now, so there are deals to be had, most likely not in the headline room rate, but in the “add-ons” such as Spa vouchers, free breakfast, airport limos, late check outs etc.

I book through American Express Centurion travel, who often have stonking deals for Vegas, but signing up direct with the better properties usually gets you good deals also, such as a suite at Palazzo for $129/night:

http://ebm.cheetahmail.com/c/tag/hBLfXpOB7bgTJB745S7DOmLTFgb/doc.html

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls