Larger hubs in Europe … or not?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• PaulRWoods
    Participant

@ KeaneJohn – 06/11/2011 16:20 GMT

You must have fallen for the marketing ploy by Ryan Air. They like to call the former US-airbase Hahn “Frankfurt-Hahn”, which is in the middle of nowhere (called “Hunsrück”).
    Frankfurt/Main is the true major German airport almost 100 km away but with a high-speed railway link.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

PaulRWoods

I believe KeaneJohn is not referring to Ryanair at Hahn. He’s referring to the situation at FRA (Frankfurt-Main) where pax arriving on commuter planes (especially the LH flts ex-LCY) are parked on the tarmac miles away from T1.

By the way, I agree that Hahn is many miles outside Frankfurt itself but Ryanair is doing nothing improper by calling this airport Frankfurt-Hahn as its a registered Frankfurt airport.

In a similar fashion, airlines using Oxford (almost 100 kms from central London) bill this airport as London-Oxford while Easyjet’s new Southend services next year appear as London-Southend on its website.

RichHI1
    Participant

LondonCity you have soilved the Heathrow problem in a stroke… London Prestwick…. There are no COnservative seats in Scotland except I think Malcolm Rifkind and I think he is in Edinburgh or that side and no one in Scotland is likely to vote for them anyway. The HS2 line will be extended to Scotland probably by 2050 (which is how long public inquires, planning permission and judicial reviews will take). There is pleanty of space to build lots of runways. Flights to USA and China/ Japan are shorter. It has so much to recommend it. London Prestwick, perfect for everyone 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls