La Compagnie leases A340 from Hi-Fly for Luton-New York route

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

La Compagnie told me it was planning to have its B757 back in service yesterday.

The B757 was released from maintenance yesterday but behind schedule.

This pushed the flight crew “out of hours” so the service had to be cancelled.

So overall two flights were cancelled. The outward flight from Luton and the return flight from New York Newark (to Luton).

It appears the B757 maintenance is carried out by Monarch at Luton.

http://www.monarchaircraftengineering.com/News/Details/156

KSHaggag
    Participant

Thank you Alex for the update .

Is this something we should be prepared to face regularly ?..What is La Compagnie s contingency plan in this regard ?

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Yes it could happen again. As you know, nothing is certain in aviation.

At last the carrier has updated its twitter page. It’s hoping to operate flights today. The carrier says that passengers who should have travelled yesterday are being rebooked today.

It says “All affected passengers from tonight’s LTN flight [May 22] will receive complimentary roundtrip air fare and US$660 in the form of travel vouchers.”

SimonS1
    Participant

Presumably EU261 will also be an issue for the cancelled flights.

If they can accommodate yesterday’s travellers on today’s flight then loads can’t be great, although I did read that the inaugural flight was less than half full.

If I was travelling I would certainly be buying on a credit card….

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Just to keep you updated.

Yesterday evening’s flight from Luton to New York Newark “was delayed by our fuel supplier” claims La Compagnie.

The scheduled deparure ex-Luton was postponed until 21.10hrs.

In turn, it meant that the departure time of the Newark to Luton flight was put back to 02.05hrs with an expected arrival at Luton (today) at 14.30hrs which is hours behind schedule.

Passengers (on the affected flight) were allowed to change their booking until tonight’s flight or claim a full refund.

KSHaggag
    Participant

Was this never anticipated by the Management of the airline????

SimonS1
    Participant

There seems a strange smell of rat about the whole operation.

Planes overdue back from maintenance, problems with the fuel supplier etc etc.

travelworld2
    Participant

According to the airline’s website,” La Compagnie has decided to entrust the maintenance of its fleet to Icelandair Technical, a subsidiary of Icelandair and Europe’s main operator of Boeing 757s.” No mention of Monarch, although assuming Icelandair Technical has no bases at either Luton or CDG, one wonders how they will manage.

KSHaggag
    Participant

I personally don t think that this piece of information should not be stipulated on their website as it is of almost no interest to customers where exactly their aircraft are being serviced ..Evoking such a topic for a very young airline does not inspire much confidence actually regardless to whom they assign this task .
    What is the question exactly that they are answering ??

KSHaggag
    Participant

By the way ,I just wanted to ask the travelling public whether they have had the chance to use the La Compagnie s online booking engine …I actually keep my comments for myself on how user friendly ,let alone informative and easy to use it is …any comments ?
    I had a lot of trouble trying to surf it and browse it .I am not illiterate in booking tickets online since i ahve already used dozens and dozens of such tools and can tell the difference between an efficient one and a torture online tool ..

Flightlevel
    Participant

It is incredible that airlines produce new format websites that still don’t allow you to book tickets properly.A good fare on one included a stopover on the ticket conditions however when you re-book it including stopover the fare tripled!Btw I trust Hi -Fly don’t put pax forward & luggage aft because someone will offload the pax first & then whoops!

SimonS1
    Participant

With loads of between 35 and 40 passengers would there be enough baggage to make a difference?

KSHaggag
    Participant

It seems La Compagnie are targeting business people and luxury seeking leisure travelers just based on price .Let s not forget that by opting to fly with them ,you sacrifice your valuable loyalty miles in your preferred frequent flyer scheme for the sake of a better fare ,though convenience in the case of London is not on the cards since Luton access is not really a piece of cake …now reliability is compromised .Come on ,La Compagnie ,what s your strategy ???

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls