KLM reroute suspicion

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Do I have an over active imagination?

I have a J class with KL in February Man-Dsp-Man, using the KL call centre I asked what availability and cost would be incurred to change the ticket to Man-Per-Man for the same dates. The flight to Dsp is KL metal from Ams with transit stop in Sin. The agents in fairness took a lot of time to help but then offered me a flight from to Dsp direct to Per with an unspecified carrier for a charge of £2200 . I can buy a return Dsp-Per-Dsp for much less , all are low cost carriers . KL also said there were no affordable options terminating Sin. As the conversation continued I just got the impression that as helpful as they were being , I was dealing with an agent for profit rather than a carrier offering alternatives. Can anyone explain or have similar experience? Thank you.

AndrewinHK
    Participant

It sounds like you are making an unreasonable request. KLM don’t fly to Perth, yes they may have codeshares to get you to Perth but I doubt they have any codeshares from DPS, also why would they be able to reroute you from Singapore when you have a ticket with them to DPS? I think many times passengers have totally unrealistic expectations of what an airline can or should do for you, I would thank the agent for spending time even looking into this for you, rather than inferring something negative about KLM, which of course is a business, a business that’s goal is to make a profit.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls