KLM last minute upgrades

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• scott1nthesky
    Participant

I’m on a KL itinerary, flying AMS-IST return with a UK link either side. On the outbound sectors I paid extra to change seats to ‘Economy Comfort’. Although the transaction went through, the boarding passes were issued with the seats I’d selected at the time of booking; in Economy. I tried resolving this with KL through Messenger. This was a waste of time and the check-in staff (non-KL) couldn’t help either – they said it was a KL system error. So they took payment for seats that weren’t fulfilled.
    I’m flying back tomorrow and during online check-in I was offered an upgrade to business. I took it, paid for it and got a confirmation receipt. However, the boarding passes now state ‘business class’ then list my original seat numbers, in economy. I’ve had inane conversations with KL this afternoon on WhatsApp – they haven’t got a clue. They keep reissuing the boarding passes with the incorrect sears. This is the first time I’ve had an issue with KL – any ideas?

1 user thanked author for this post.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Strange, can´t comment about upgrading to Eco Comfort as I usually select these anyway as FB Plat. I did upgrade to Business at on-line check in for one of my KL flights last month, and at the same time I was able to change my seat using the seat plan accessed by the “select/change seat” tab on the web page. Did you not have access to this feature? AFAIK the seat plan does not display automatically, you have to click the tab.

If you already have a boarding card you probably can´t go back into your booking to change the seat, but perhaps worth a try, you may have to cancel yr online check in and go through the process again.

1 user thanked author for this post.

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

I’ve had issues with AF upgrades in the past. They possibly use the same system as KL. When it went wrong online and via the app, I called the FB helpline and was told they couldn’t do anything as the systems didn’t match up . .

scott1nthesky
    Participant

Thanks for the replies! I did use the seat map and changed the seats – I also received a confirmation receipt by e-mail, with the new seat numbers listed. However, when I tried to print off the boarding passes, they showed the old seats but with ‘business class’ printed underneath. It took 13 WhatsApp messages and six hours to get a sensible answer from KLM and the new boarding passes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls