KLM Embraer 190 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

TominScotland
    Participant

I connected onto this Amsterdam – Glasgow flight from Estinian Air and had quite a long wait at Schipol. As a FB Platinum member (for life), I made my way to the non-Schengen Lounge, quite a trek from the main concourse. It is sometime since i have used the Lounge so was interested to see whether it has changed. Disappointingly, it is much the same (no, exactly the same) as when I regularly used the lounge five or six years ago. The Lounge is a good space (and needed to be when I was there as it was very crowded) but the catering is, frankly, disappointing for the airline’s premium facility – no hot food at breakfast or during the day and exactly the same cold offerings as in the past – cereal, yoghurt and fruit, cheese, chicken roll and rolls, not much else, for breakfast. I left as lunch was being laid out – basicically similar without the breakfast goods. There is a lack of international reading material – many moons ago, you’d find British newspapers but now there is really only Dutch papers and the IHT – even ethnocentric BA does far better than this with its choices. I think KLM could and probably should do better in their lounge offerings……..

Anyway, I headed down to D6 in good time, that is the non-schengen bus gate. A document check on arrival plus security – quick and polite. Once the flight was called, documents were checked again (why twice??) and we boarded a bus for the F70/ Embraer parking area. Once on board, I settled into my Economy Comfort seat – where there were many free seats so genuine comfort. The legroom is great and does make a difference. We pushed back on time and taxied a short way before take-off.

Service was pleasent and efficient – a choice of a savoury/ sweet snack which was fairly similar to BA’s daytime domestic choices and drinks. Cabin crew seemed fairly lax in policing their own electronic equipment requests before the appraoch and a couple of passengers, one in business, were visibly using headsets and equipment throughout, despite cabin crew walking past them on a number of occasions. The flight was fairly turbulent and very rough on the approach but we landed a couple of minutes early.

Disembarkation was slow as the airbridge took some time to hook up but once off the aircraft, luggage came quickly and I could head out into monsoon Glasgow weather.

Perfectly fine service, pleasant service without excelling and added comfort as I was in economy Comfort.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls