KLM connections

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• RoyC
    Participant

From my home airport Faro connections to KLM hubs use Transavia – a low cost carrier.
    If I am booking business class for onward long haul do I get Club luggage allowance and any catering on the Transavia legs ?
    I have tried to get this information from the KLM website but so far no response.

AFlyingDutchman
    Participant

RoyC, the only info I could find on KLM site is https://www.klm.com/travel/gb_en/plan_and_book/ticket_information/Flying_with_KLM_partners/index.htm#p39. That said, on another site it did say that if you have a through ticket connecting onto KLM, KLM baggage rules should apply (I caution, it said, ‘should.’), but if you have two separate tickets Transavia will not interline your luggae even if your other ticket is on KLM. Transavia has no Business Class and all catering is Buy On Board, but if they are operating the flight as a KLM flight with a KLM flight number (not a codeshare), according to the KLM site linked above, catering will be offered as per normal KLM economy flights. If there is a KLM/Sky Team Lounge in Faro, you should have access with your connection being in Business on KLM, but this is likewise not guaranteed. Although Transavia is fully owned by KLM, it is very much independently operated. Hope this helps a bit, but not easy to find exact info on this. Perhaps others will know better.

Ahmad
    Participant

RoyC, try making a booking on the KLM website. The baggage allowance usually shows once you have selected the flights.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

KLM usually respond to WhatsApp queries pretty promptly so you could try that, also Twitter I believe but I don`t use that. Are you a Flying Blue member? If you are and Platinum level I have always had good results from calling the dedicated line.

Never used Transavia so can`t comment on their on board (or lack of) service

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Good Question

so I asked KLM and this is what they replied (I was working on a FAO-AMS-JFK flight with AMS-JFK in Business for purposes of question to KLM).

“if the long haul flight is in business, and you quote the itinerary and is a business farebasis, yes it (lounge) is included” **

** Hope that helps – can’t guarantee 100% accuracy of the answer from KLM!

Ahmad
    Participant

Tim, good to know and thanks for posting it. But isn’t the OP asking about the luggage allowance?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Read Club luggage as Club Lounge!

Yes it will be the Business Class luggage allowance all the way through (if booked as a through fare). Can’t answer the catering element. If all Buy on Board I’d imagine that it will only offer that. But I don’t know the full Transavia offering and if they have different catering options.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls