KLM B747-400 Economy (short haul)

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

Swissdiver
    Participant

AMS – BKK in Economy for 4 of us, 2 on exit rows (extra cost), 2 right behind.

Boarding was OK for us, but we were allowed to board first given my frequent flyer status.

The seat: this is the big drawback of the flight: KLM has refurbished it’s B747s so they now all have individual screens but the size is ridiculous. On the exit row, we could hardly sit as the seat is really narrow (OK, I am 6″4 but not that large… And my son is 6″3 and slim!). Behind us, the legrom is minimal although the seat is slightly larger (on exit rows, the screen is in the armrest). I tried the “economy comfort” seat: same width, slightly more legroom (and same regular economy food and service). Not worth IMHO the EUR 150 extra per leg.

Food: Choice was displayed in details on the IFE (in flight entertainment system): nice. But 3 choices were displayed while only two were available… Food (chicken green curry) was good. A breakfast was served 2 hours before arrival.

Service: great! Snacks available in the kitchen, water and juice served every tow hours. Nice flight attendants: thumb up!

IFE: good choice of movies on demand (VOD) including very recent ones. Screens ok although not touch screens.

Last but not least, KLM.com is well done when buying but also managing the bookings.

All together a good flight (and connecting at AMS (Amsterdam airport) was quite efficient) for a reasonable price.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls