KLM B737-900 European Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

MarcusUK
    Participant

A late afternoon KLM 737-700 AMS – LHR service, only a year old.

Opted to Upgraded to Business Class for E 50, offered when i check in on line, as a Gold member. KLM do this often now on all flights. (Means i get 10 times the miles to a low economy fare!)
    LHR services are normally 2 hours + on the aircraft, as always delays from the airspace and holding into LHR as well as taxi to gate, so be worth while.

Intercontinental Lounge (Used for UK flights) busy but good selection of lunch, full bar services, and hot meals and healthy salads, soups, fresh options, always enough space, and one of the largest in Europe, with nice views over the International flight terminals. The lounge is an excellent. A calm spacious design, lots of light and glass walls,with great views, and open to outside at 270 degrees around the lounge to the gates.

New Skyteam Priority services, mean fast track Immigration, separate security, and boarding for Flying Blue Platinum and Gold members, as well as business class. The fast track priority gates at D terminal where you are screened in the mid way through the terminal, offers a fast track, and they have yr name already if you are business or a Skyteam Elite / FB gold + member.

Boarding is a bit mayhem, as no one listens to the order and just piles forwards, rather stupid to do so as it takes longer. KLM should enforce this more.

Offered a welcome drink and snacks on arrival to aircraft. Soon after it became apparent that due to harsh weather the UK, had a backlog of flights, so we could not get airspace for at least an hour.

The crew were great, and before the Captain announces it, drinks to all passengers were being distributed. The crew were on the ball, and understanding. Very professional and friendly service. The Captain, she kept us informed throughout.

Dinner, was a small pot of gaspacho, pasta salad, hot breads, tasteful dessert, bar service full bar service, fresh juice, hot drinks. KLM coffee is always some of the best served on EU flights. They also have it brewing as a welcome smell as you board. The cutlery is all designed by Marcel a Dutch designer.

Seats were comfortable with approx 34-35 inches, and 2 seats in the 3 in Business. KLM refurbished all their seating with a lightweight carbon fibre seat, which means less bulk and a great sense of space in the cabin. This is on all their new 737- 700/800/900, and Embraer (City Hopper) services.

Arrived approx 1 hr late after holding in LHR for another 30 mins, normal delayed taxi landing and wait for a gate, that’s due to LHR as usual.
    KLM handle their own baggage, so priority tagged were through first.
    Immigration queues were about 10 mins , so i used the Iris…which rejected half those trying to use it.

I always find KLM excellent on European flights. New planes, great design for more space, simple healthy sandwich and drinks in Economy. The seats have plenty legroom and spacious for a simple European flight, not designed to sleep, so I rated it compared to other EU flights.

The upgrade to Business Class, was worth it, especially as we were on the plane for over 2.5 hrs! KLM create a Win-Win, we get a nicer service, and they a little more revenue.

I always find KLM a pleasure to fly, one of the best in Europe.

Vertrek
    Participant

A very good review Marcus!

I’ve got to agree with you, KLM EuroBiz is one of the best in EU, friendly and cheerful crews, good food, comfy seat and designed cutlery (thinking of getting the stirrer)….

Flew LX EuroBiz recently and although it was an eventful flight, I was not as impressed as when I flew KLM EuroBiz (I shall review it soon). And now looking forward to the next time I fly KLM, which will be Intra-SE Asia.

Have a good day Marcus =)

Senator
    Participant

My sample size on KL since the scrapping of the Europe Select and adoption of European standard business class with middle seat blocked is exactly one flight: from ARN to AMS early morning last August.

I stayed away from KL for a long time due to the inferior European product (herring in a barrel). The service concept on this 2hrs early morning flight was improved, but even SAS is better on the same route.

As Swiss (LX) goes, they beat KLM each and every day, and twice on the weekend in my book. Even BA offer a much better experience.

Yes, it has gotten better, but still behind in my book (albeit on small sample size of one).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls