Kingfisher Airlines A320 (two-class) Kingfisher First (short haul business)

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

mohitkb
    Participant

Title: Dont Fly Kingfisher Business Class
    ID#: 122357138

we flew Kingfisher on a family holiday from Ahmedabad via Mumbai to Singapore. Thankfully we reached in time to do check in and did not avail the lounge facilities as Kingfisher has disconnected its tie up with Clipper Lounge (one opp. Gate 14) and is instead using another lounge quite far from the boarding gate.

Kingfisher used to fly refurbished A 330 on Singapore route. I must admit that they had the at par business class product and a very efficient crew. I was utterly disappointed when I started boarding at Mumbai on a family vacation having spent busienss class fare to travel in a smaller 320 plane where the seats having problems with the leg rest. There was no aerobridge as the aircraft was parked at a distant by and my parents having problems with their knees had to actually take medicines after boarding the aircraft.

After boarding, there were flies inside the aircraft as if it was not cleaned at all. Welcome Drink did not have any choice but only pineapple juice. There was no drinks trolley served. The Indian vegeratian meal was unlike their earlier serving of Lavinsh Indian THali which was cut down to just main course. No starters, no apetisers, only main course. As I did not like the main course, I had no intentions of again surprising myself.

The INflight Entertainment was a total put off and I had to just put it off and as the leg rest was not working, I had just imagined that today was not my day. Imagine that was 31st Dec Night and I was having the worst flight of my night.

During the flight my wife was bitten by some insect and which we later realised was a mosquito. I am really looking that a passenger must have the right to refund of return ticket if he is not satisfied with the onward journey service.

So my advise is DONT FLY KINGFISHER BUSINESS CLASS TO SINGAPORE till the time Mr. Mallaya keeps his standards.

Saffjoyfox3
    Participant

I have not flown Kingfisher internationally, but have flown with them many times – until recently – domestically in India.

I stopped flying with them totally once they started cancelling several flights, often at short notice, and have gone back to Jet for internal flights.

Kingfisher used to be a great option for domestic flights. Excellent service, in both First and Economy, when they first started and modern aircraft on some routes. However, there was no consistency in the aircraft and so the ones on the BOM-DEL route were often the best, but the ones on the CCU-BOM route were not and were sometimes the ones Kingfisher inherited from its takeover of the low cost carrier Deccan.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls