Just what a short haul flight should be

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• FDOS
    Participant

KLM BRS AMS STD 0915 ATD 0920 Flight time 50 mins economy cabin

Easy check in at BRS, fully flex fare came with Sky Priority, so used (almost empty) security fast track (main looked far from busy, too).

2×2 seating on ejet was comfy, aircraft was clean and tidy.

Served with a decent cheese sandwich (full size) and choice of drinks (took water).

Landed on Polderbaan 7 mins early, got to gate 3 mins after ETA, due to long taxi.

Immigration took about 15 mins, after which bags were arriving on the carousel, enabling a short walk to the integrated railway station at Schiphol and a convenient and inexpensive (4.41€) rail journey to Amsterdam Centraal Station.

This is what short haul flying should be like.

The return flight was similar, albeit with a 30 min late arrival due to the need to subsitute the original aircraft pencilled for the flight. Considering it was Friday evening, it could have been much worse and was merely a little irritating, rather than inconvenient.

cwoodward
    Participant

I have always felt that KLM delivers FDOS.
    What you have described above sounds more like an Asian carriers service level but it is what should be the reasonable expectation on all short flights in Europe also.

5 users thanked author for this post.

Jacobwhite
    Participant

I totally agree that this is what short haul flying should be like. I never got to experience somehing like this, it’s always much worse.

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

Precisely why KLM is my airline of choice from ABZ, connections tend to be easy in AMS and either KLM lounge is good. Only drawback is the passport line when you have a British passport . .

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

In truth KLM cannot fail to get its short-haul product wrong.

As we know KLM is a sixth-freedom airline so how would be able to sustain its long-haul network without a myriad of feeder flights ?

1 user thanked author for this post.

WalterWolf
    Participant

Thanks for the review.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls