Jubilee Vulcan: Explosion on Runway

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Final Flight Show schedule for 2013 has been announced:

http://www.vulcantothesky.org/appearances.html

MartynSinclair
    Participant

For a change I am totally lost for words having spent the day watching and being entertained by the Red Arrows AND enjoying the Vulcan display, which had fortunately been delayed by 24 hours.

The Vulcan is in its final display year and I would strongly recommend trying to catch up with it somewhere around the country.

The Red Arrows were absolutely AMAZING.

MrMichael
    Participant

I am looking forward to seeing the Red Arrows at the Americas Cup in Portsmouth in July. I understand we are also getting the French equivalent on one of the days, if they are not on strike!

Have not seen a Vulcan fly since the mid eighties, but by golly once seen one does not forget.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

French Red Arrows? Yikes!!! I hope they’re better trained than the AF pilots?

peter19
    Participant

I have been lucky enough to see the Vulcan a few times having been to RAF Leuchars pretty much every year since i was a kid and unfortunately to the last one which had the Vulcan flying.

Patrouille de France are are good but not in the same class as the Red A’s. 🙂

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

I have wonderful childhood memories of the many air displays my father took me to, the Vulcan will always stand out, it was the thunderous throbbing in your chest as it did the fly past, my other favorite was the Lightning (now I am showing my age) that unmistakable crackle from its engines as it flew low and at such a fantastic speed. Happy memories.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls