JFK hotels

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel close to JFK? I have a ten hour night overlay and don’t want to head into Manhattan.

Thanks in advance.

HFF

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I have stayed in the Courtyard (Marriott) a couple of times – very basic but clean, quiet, comp wifi and shuttle service.
    I guess it depends on your budget but for a brief overnighter, it worked well for me.
    A note of caution as with the majority of airport hotels in the USA, the shuttle to the airport can be a challenge. … no system for booking or queuing can result in unpleasantness at busy times although, to add balance, I have had the same shuttle issues at top rated hotels as well.

jsn55
    Participant

I like the Hilton – it’s easy access from baggage claim.

neilsoaj
    Participant

Crowne Plaza JFK

MartynSinclair
    Participant

last time I used one of the Sheraton’s. Problem though is the Shuttle Bus… I had to wait 30 minutes and in the morning, had to take a taxi back to the JFK because the Shuttle bus was running slow/late/very full.

Not much help here. The only time I have stayed at a JFK hotel was at the Days Inn Jamaica. Good shuttle service, friendly receptionist and if you only need a few hours’ kip….

I am sure there are better alternatives though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls