Jet Airways – HKG to MUMBAI

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

bizleader
    Participant

Recently I have been forced to fly Jet “Premier” due to non availability of CX or exorbitant fare differences on this route.

The hardware Jet uses is probably better than CX but on everything else they are cheap and fail miserably. For the first time in 6 years I had to get a bus to the stand in HK, and on landing in Mumbai – this must be because Jet are too cheap to pay for a pier.

The food is terrible, the movies are completeley edited like some nanny state, there are no amenity kits, the cabin smells of curry and the staff are over made-up useless morons – they are so useless they don’t even have landing cards on the plane. Garbage.

David
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your bad experience, bizleader.

I have only flown Jet on medium-haul international routes to/from India (all 737NGs and in Business Class) and have been very pleased with the level of service, comfort onboard (seat) and food/beverage. They even offered a menu on a 1 hour flight I took with them last October (BA of course dropped this un-needed but nice touch some years back). Clearly, requirements and expectations on a long-haul flights differ than those of a shorter flights.

I’m flying them again next week on a 4 hour Colombo to Delhi flight and hope too that I won’t be disappointed.

Best wishes.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I don’t know about Mumbai, but I understand that in HK the airport charges are the same whether you get a remote stand or a skybridge – so that would be bad luck, not parsimony on Jet’s behalf. I have recently had two “bus” experiences in HK, one on CX and the other on sister airline Dragonair – it really is the luck of the draw.

I suggest you try Kingfisher on this route – I have only done it once but it was the most enjoyable flight I have had in a long time – spent most of the flight in the bar drinking excellent cocktails (they have a bartender who is there for the entire flight), and chatting to other passengers. Even during turbulence we stayed in the bar, we just moved from the barstools to the sofas as they have seatbelts (no, I am really not kidding about this). Although the IFE was very limited compared to CX, I had no other complaints – oh, except that I couldn’t get just one zone of the massage seat working, I could only get all five massage zones working at once. Boo-hoo. Better timing for the return flight to HK than CX’s timetable, too.

Food was delicious too, although I have to admit I am a curryholic – but then, if you object to the smell of curry, you are probably going to the wrong place and on the wrong nation’s airlines…

Ian

stevescoots
    Participant

I have read a lot of good about KF, have been wanting to try in on my regular LHR-HKG slog

unfortuantly I cant seem to find a routing that dosnt involve an 8+ hr layover in India 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls