J Class on 777-300

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

MaggieS1
    Participant

Note now that TG are using a 777-300 on MEL-BKK. It seems that this has an additional seat added in J class. The 777-200ER (used for the past 5 years or so) only has 6 abreast. The 300 has 7. I’ve been on the 777-300 to India and it’s a sardine can with 7 across, but it has two extra rows. Can anyone tell me if the Australian flights still have teh capsule seats?

Hess963
    Participant

What is ” teh”?

TG uses now both B777-200ER( 30 C seats) and B777-300( 34 C seats ) for destinations in Australia. Both types of aircraft normally has 5 rows of seats( see TG Australia–then go to THAI’s Aircraft ). F Class will be offered again beginning 25.10.2009 utilising B 747 aircrafts. Be aware that TG is known for changing the aircraft spontaneously. So you might end with a different aircraft or/with different seatings than normally announce while booking.

There are two different kinds of C class seatings.The new gen C seat is provided by Sogerma which you have been seen during the PR Tours of the A380 around the world. These were shown there in yellow/cream colour. TG uses this type in their new A330-300 and refurbish B777-300. This type of seat is already in use by GF and TK in their refurbished A340/A330. Although it could vary in how the lie flat angled mode is set by the respective airline.
    The old gen C seat is used by many various airlines like MH, KE, MU..
    This seat type makes the majority of seats in the B 747-400 long haul, older version of B777-200 ER, A340-500/600.

I knew this C seatings well as I have flown with GF, TK, MH and KE in the past so I have enough experience gather to say that I will NEVER like lie flat angled seats in their respective modes. The only true premium C seat is full flat !!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls