It’s all rather pointless!

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• BPP
    Participant

I’ve just had two very frustrating attempts to use loyalty points.

The first with EVA Airways to book LHR-BKK in J using cash and points – some 14,000 odd from a recent previous trip (in J). The system refused to allow this. I rang EVA to ask why and guess what, there is apparently a minimum points balance before the system will allow this! I asked what the figure was and guess what again – they did not know and could not find out! These points seem to have have no value!

Second problem was with Hilton hotels. Trying to book a room with breakfast at LHR-T4 I find that booking a room with breakfast on a cash and points basis is not possible. To use points I can only book on a room only basis and pay for breakfast in cash at the time. Guess what – The saving on the room only rate using points is almost the equal to the cost of Breakfast for 2! So in effect the points have no value and have been gifted back to Hilton. Yet if I book an executive room with combined lounge access and breakfast I can use points! (My usual trick but on this occasion timings preclude it). Again I rang Hilton Central reservations – they don’t know why – ‘It’s the system’.

All rather pointless – or priceless!

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls