ITA’s new A321neo

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Rferguson2
    Participant

It isn’t particularly newsworthy to hear a european airline is taking delivery of a narrowbody airbus however ITA’s are expected to be something to show off.

The airline has taken delivery of its first A321neo and Airbus has confirmed the cabin will be in a three class configuration of 12 Business Class flat beds, Premium Economy in a 2×2 configuration and economy. There are some images on X (formerly Twitter) and the cabins look stunning.

From the Airbus website:
    ITA Airways’ A321neo, which will serve the airline’s medium haul routes, is fitted with a three class configuration including 12 Business Class full flat beds with direct aisle access, 12 Premium Economy seats in 4-abreast, and 141 Economy seats of which 12 are dedicated to Comfort Economy.

ITA Airways’ A321neo aircraft features Airbus’ Airspace cabin design, which includes new XL overhead bins and customised interior lighting based on the latest full-LED technologies to help reduce jet lag. In addition, to enhance the passenger experience, each seat is equipped with the latest generation in-flight entertainment system with individual screens and on-demand content.

ITA isn’t the first european airline to take delivery of a 321 with flat beds – Aer Lingus, TAP and Scandinavian all have the type and fly them from europe to north america but what ITA plans to do with theirs is still under wraps. Saying that, they recently announced big expansion plans with flights coming to Accra, Kuwait, Jeddah, Tel Aviv, Dakar and Riyadh so I guess it could be assumed these beautiful cabins will likely pop up on those routes.

I recently flew ITA from Sao Paulo to Rome and I was really impressed with the whole experience although the catering was hands down the best I have ever had on a european airline.

I really hope they have finally managed to move on from Alitalia Incarnation 27 and will be successful.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Travelcruiser
    Participant

If only BA would consider doing the same on their mid-haul routes. Five hours in CE to Cairo sitting on that hard narrow seat with short haul catering is hardly a business class experience.

Rferguson2
    Participant

Yes its a shame they didn’t retain the cabins of the ‘mid haul’ A321’s they inherited from BMI with flat beds in biz.

1 user thanked author for this post.

FDOS
    Participant

I agree about the ride to/from Cairo. It was a disgustingly bad product for a 5 hour flight.

Connecting back to Manchester, the aircraft was over 2 hours late on a 35 min flight.

That was the last straw for me.

Bye…..

Rferguson2
    Participant

It wasn’t so long ago that I can remember working on jam packed four class 747’s on the CAI route. How things change!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls