It must be time for the government to instruct BA…..

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• openfly
    Participant

…..to enforce and instruct BA to refund all the money they owe to passengers for months…even years!
    My flight cancelled in June. Told to pay my hotac and meals and claim back…I did. It’s almost Nov…nothing yet. I’ve asked 4 times to be given BS.
    There are thousands of similarly affected passengers complaining online. We are all aware that BA Customer Service is appalling and getting worse. BA are making massive profits at the moment.
    Time for someone in the government to get to grips with BA withholding our money…illegally?!

2 users thanked author for this post.

BackOfThePlane
    Participant

The first thing that is required is a complete overhaul of the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority) which is, to be frank, a complete waste of space, much like OFWAT, OFGEM etc. I’m all for private enterprise but it does need to be balanced by adequate regulation.

ASK1945
    Participant

Send them a “Letter Before Action”, by signed for post and detailing your costs, and the proof that you have. It costs nothing (except your postage). There are templates online. They will pay quickly.

christ
    Participant

I have to say I have found BA customer service with refunds and expenses outstanding. It does usually take a quick follow up call to the BA gold line and then bingo – refund appears in a few days. Rarely have I had a wait for the gold line to answer the phone either.

stevescoots
    Participant

totally agree, the UK has yet to find any Regulatory body able or willing to use its powers to the fullest extent. they are just revolving door jobs in the respective industry

Montysaurus
    Participant

It must be pot luck. On the four occasions over the years that I have sought reimbursement of fares and expenses from BA I have had it within 3 or 4 weeks. The most recent was the end of September this year for a cancelled flight. Fare back within 3 days and other costs inside 3 weeks. I am a lowly Silver.

ImissConcorde
    Participant

Very surprised that I’m saying this but BA could learn from Southwestern Railway. My train was badly delayed last week. I didn’t even have to use Delay/Repay. The refund came autopmatically to the payment card.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls