Island Shangri La – HK

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

KReynolds
    Participant

Has anybody stayed at the above property – If so what are the best rooms? How are the restaurants ? What is the local area like to go out at night etc ?

FifiMorris
    Participant

The Island Shangri-la is an excellent hotel in a very central location in Hong Kong. The best rooms are those with harbour views. The restaurant standard is high – the lunch / dinner buffet is highly recommended. It is located on top of a hugh shopping mall. It is also very convenient for the Central District (banking / commercial) as well as Wanchai (red light district). Hong Kong is a very safe place and going out at night is no problem. Apart from Wanchai (10 minutes walk to Causeway Bay direction) you are about 20 minutes stroll away (Central District direction) from Lankwaifong which is very trendy for its night life. The shopping mall does not close until at least 11pm. The hotel is also only 5 minutes away from the Peak Tram station. A visit to Victoria Peak is a must. Preferrably at night if the weather is good. The view will take your breath away!

KReynolds
    Participant

Fifi – Thanks a million – Sounds like I have picked a winner – I had only booked a standard room but will up grade to a harbour nearer the time and see if I can get a deal. What is the best “buys” in HK as a matter of interest?

FifiMorris
    Participant

Latest models of electronic stuff like cameras, ipods etc. but be careful – do your homework and shop around – one of the best place is Times Square in Causeway Bay – there is a whole floor of shops selling nothing but electronic gadgets! Never buy anything in Tsimshatsui which is very touristy and they do try it on the tourists.
    Tailor-made suits are good value but not the 24 hours ones!
    There are more I will think harder.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls