Is United really that bad?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• austline
    Participant

Interesting thread unlike MaggieS1, I certainly will not fly UA transpacific, I do not like their seating and find the F&B below par compared with QF. The crew are okay but only do what they have too.

Their lounge at LAX is average compared to the QF/BA/CX lounge and in both SYD/MEL, no airlines lounges come anywhere close to the QF FIRST lounges. Once QF has the A380 fully operational on the pacific route that will be the only way to fly.

I have never flown DL long haul so not sure what their product is like on the transpacific route.

MaggieS1
    Participant

I NEVER fly Qantas. Sydney’s overpriced, underserviced airline. Price must be taken into account when rating any airline. UA to IAD in J class A$8,700. Equivalent with QF (and only to LAX) $17,700. Bit hard to justify $9k extra in food.

austline
    Participant

Yes I agree 9k is a big difference, I must confess I have never paid that maybe it is because I know my travel plans in advance. But you are right QF fares are higher than VA/DL/UA.

Sparepocket
    Participant

UA’s catering and IFE could do with some improvement but the service from the flight attendants is fine…informal and chatty in that unique American way that doesn’t seem forced or faux.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I like their new F & J Seats:

http://www.suitedreams.united.com/

(warning – annoying sound!)

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls