Is this BA sale for real

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Anonymous

fclassflyer
    Participant

I just logged into BA.com and under the “Goodbye Winter” sale there were absolutely no First Class flight only sale prices to any BA destinations.

Does this strike anyone else as anomalous and is there any information to suggest that a more in depth sale might be on the way?

HedgeFundFlyer
    Participant

It is a crap sale. I wouldn’t bother, personally. I think it may be some economy seats plus the J leftovers from the 2012 sale.

donkeyasia
    Participant

‘Sale’ does not mean lowest prices. Flight Centre has much lower prices on BA (in J and Y) than those offered in the BA Winter Sale.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

British Airways is my favored airline followed by loyalty to the other Oneworld airlines

Checking on flights to BKK for a January outbound return February, I am tempted to go via a wedgie airline, even with a stop. A difference of £1,000+ for a business class fare, even in semi retirement, grabs my attention.

If BA are going to have a sale(s), at least make it attractive!

donkeyasia
    Participant

MS – for £1,086 nett, you can fly to BKK on Uzbekhistan Airlines. short stopover on the way out, 14 hours on the way back unless you depart BKK on a Tuesday.transit time both ways.

In my opinion Qatar is the best value for £1,498 nett, with a 60 minute transit time both ways..

MERRT XMAS to one and all.

openfly
    Participant

@MartynSinclair.

If you really, really, really want to fly BA and save a thousand pounds at least, try this. It sounds mad and you need stamina, but it works…I have done it. LHR/LGW-AMS then AMS-LHR-BKK-LHR-AMS then AMS-LHR/LGW. You get masses of Tier points and squillions of Adios Miles…more than you would normally get. I have done this twice on CPT and it saves nearly £1300 on a Club rtn ticket for all the sectors! Its mad! Have fun……

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@ 22/12/2011 16:46 GMT

ex-Europe fares are not currently in the Christmas spirit!

I am considering trying Qatar as I have a friend in Doha I could see.

Is NCW + the great lounge complex at LHR worth an extra £1000 or more, over a wedgie seat and a stop? ……………those in control of budgets, personal or corporate can decide.

Personally, I am beginning to question the value of using BA………over what else is available.

As previously stated, BA is my first choice – but its the price……………….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

If the flight is as comfortable and the service as good, then for a one hour stopover and a £1,000 saving I’d go for the cheaper option Martyn.

The only exception would be if I needed miles to requalify for my tier status.

donkeyasia
    Participant

MS – if the wedgie seat you refer to is Qatar, all current flights ot the UK are 160 mnimum nad on all 777-300 flat beds. The AVOD is the best in the skies, and the food and service is as good as anybodies. All English speaking crews, and a loungs in Doha to die for.

The QR privilege club is well serviced and aggressive with redemption and hotel daels

when the new terminal opnes late next year. i think DOHA will rival Dubai as the best airport in the Moddle east.

a bonus, there are a lot of codeshares on QR flights with Virgin, UA, BMI, and others going east of Qatar.

Why does BA think people will always fly them at the expEnse of high prices and erratic service. same goes for Qantas but only worse

marcusfrequentflyer
    Participant

I have just tried to look for some flights in Either Club World or First and there is Zero Available, yet i got an email from BA on monday suggesting that the sale applies to all cabins. This is a blatant lie and is actually misadvertising. This is not a sale. Its rubbish.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@ 23/12/2011 07:01 GMT

Season’s greetings LP and hope you are well.

The bottom line is that I need to go from A to B. Tier Points, Air Miles, Avios points are great (if they can be used) as re the comfort of lounges, esepcially the fabulous BA lounges.

However, I currently feel there is too much of an emphasis on the padding causing me to lose emphasis of the purpose.

I need to get to BKK and back. Yes I would personally prefer to fly BA, whether ex Europe or London. 60J or K will be waiting……life is good.

However good life is, a further saving of over £1000 is even better. So, I may not get a flashy new piece of plastic or access to a BA lounge, my tier points may suffer, but I will still get to BKK and for a lot less.

I will also have the slight aggro of stopping mid journey, which does not excite me, especially if I am asleep.

However good BA is, everything has a price and value and for me BA need to be aware of the competition. If they are advertising a SALE, then at least market tickets at a sale price otherwise its simply a waste of time!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls