Is this a little crazy?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

goldaviator
    Participant

I need to fly to the East Coast next week, short notice personal trip and was looking around at flights with OW.

I would have preferred to fly direct to Philly but the cost was ridiculous with BA and no matter how cheap business was with US, I wasn’t prepared to fly them.

In the end I booked LHR to EWR on BA metal but the funny thing is, booking through BA website the fare on the Sale was £5086 but the exact same flight with an AA flight number booked through the AA website was £1900!

I am sure there is a valid reason for it but it just seems a little crazy to me that BA will charge on sale more than double?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Depends on what fare buckets are available, I guess.

£5k sounds like flexible J, AA seem to have sold an I or R class fare.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Did you try options through Dublin….?

US/AA fly direct and there are / were some amazing prices through the summer. Added benefit is you will arrive into Philly, Immigration cleared…

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

I’d take US Airways any day in a 1-2-1 seating configuration than BA to Club that wad direct to Philly.

But yes – price differences between flight numbers for the same physical seat can be pretty substantial sometimes. And in every case can be different reasons (such as an airline buying a number of seats of the operating carrier which they have to sell).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls