Is there a Qatar lounge in Hong Kong

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• SCF
    Participant

I am travelling from London to HK via Doha on Qatar, and wonder if Qatar has its own lounge in HK?
    Also, does anyone know if Qatar’s lounge at Heathrow serves alcohol? If so, does it serve champagne, like its flagship lounge in Doha?

FrDougal
    Participant

Yes all Qatar Lounges serve alcohol as do the flights.

As for HKG, No Qatar branded lounge, they use the Plaza Premium lounge which is ok. However as they are a member of OneWorld and with HKG being the hub of fellow OW carrier Cathay Pacific you should be able to use their lounges of which they have many. Cathay in my opinion have some of the best lounges anywhere so you won’t be disappointed.

cotswoldsw
    Participant

I think the Qatar lounge at LHR T4 is great and as FRDougal says, champagne is readily available. I prefer it to the (business) lounge in Doha, the food is better and for obvious reasons it is on a far more intimate scale. In HKG, if you have OW Emerald status, I’d head for the Pier First Class Lounge, which is definitely up there with the world’s best IMHO.

DoorsToManual
    Participant

There are so many One World Lounges in HKG airport, I’d get there with at least three hours to do some Lounge hopping.
    Really some of the best in the world.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@DoorsToManual – besides the Wing and the Pier – which are the other Oneworld lounges worth visiting in HKG…?

AlanOrton1
    Participant

I think there is a Qantas lounge.

CocktailMike
    Participant

I was in Hong Kong in May also travelling with Qatar airways.
    I used the Cathay Pacific Bridge lounge – then I went to the Plaza Premium – what a difference -we walked in and walked out and went back to the Bridge.
    I recommend that you do the same

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

QR doesn’t operate its own lounge in HK. However, as a fellow OneWorld member, you’re afforded access to the highly-lauded CX Pier Lounge (among others including The Bridge and The Deck). There’s also a Qantas Lounge worth checking out (just after clearing security/immigration). Definitely make time for The Pier – my favorite thing to do is tuck into a bowl of dan dan noodles and a glass of champagne. If you have an Amex Platinum card tucked in your wallet, worth checking out the Centurion Lounge too – they serve real champagne (it was Veuve when I went) and delicious dim sum.

_glbetrkkr_
    Participant

[quote quote=897567] @DoorsToManual – besides the Wing and the Pier – which are the other Oneworld lounges worth visiting in HKG…?[/quote]

Check out the QF Lounge just after security/immigration.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls