Is Boeing going to disappear as a brand – should the business be broken up?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• TonyR
    Participant

cwoodward
    Participant

It is now confirmed officialy that there WERE several bolts actually missing from the door that blow off of the Alaskan aircraft
    How many other of these aircraft are flying with bolts missing…….
    I have no wish to see the demise of Boeing as we used to know it but I strongly suspect that one more failure of this nature will spell the end for them as a group.
    Every day now there are additional reports of assembly problems,unchecked faults and lack of effective control in the construction processes and this cannot continue without some drastic action being taken by Boeing themselves or by the regulators.
    Major customers are openingly declaring that they have no faith in the companys products or ability to build them -sad.

2 users thanked author for this post.

huey
    Participant

How Boeing has managed to stay viable as an airplane manufacturer is amazing. I do believe they have a very strong relationship with the American government. Hard to fathom why they’re allowed to continue in business.

stevescoots
    Participant

nice juicy Govt contracts (and contacts) certainly helps

1 user thanked author for this post.

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Part of the problem is dependency, and another is the lack of an alternative:

Southwest Considers Boeing an “Operational Risk,” While Airbus Could Face Delays

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls