Is BA reducing the seat pitch even more?

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

openfly
    Participant

I notice on Thebasource.com that G-GATJ has returned to Gatwick from LHR Maintenance after having another 6 seats installed, from 171 to 177. Are they reducing the pitch even further on the Gatwick A320s, or is this just a one-off? Anybody know?

garrison76
    Participant

No, I don’t think so. This just brings it in line with most of the rest of the second-hand G-GAT birds: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1623508-gatwick-airbus-fleet-2015-a-14.html

No reduction in leg room, thankfully – any less would be criminal. I flew one of these from Fuerteventura recently and didn’t manage to bag an exit row. It was very claustrophobic, particularly as we were in the row behind CE and had the divider and curtain in our faces…

openfly
    Participant

That sounds a long flight to endure those conditions.
    I gather that the crews refer to these A320s as the “E-Bay Fleet”, because BA bought them so cheaply….high hours, and highly used, old Airbuses!
    Candidates for the Antiques Roadshow……
    Thanks for explaining the seating.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

We’ll have to see what BA does with its A320 neos when they arrive.

As we have already reported, Lufthansa’s configuration (Lufthansa was the first airline to take delivery of the A320 neo) means that seat pitch in economy is less than is offered by Ryanair.

But on the plus side it now means that more space (both sideways and in terms of seat pitch) will be provided to business class passengers.

openfly
    Participant

But on these eBay aircraft they have added more rows, but haven’t adjusted the blowers or reading lights. Some get them and some don’t!!

sparkyflier
    Participant

I flew recently on a 320 and one of the crew told me the seating would be getting tighter, with “even more” seats.

I really do not like the new seating- it is apart from the lack of legroom, an unrelaxing seat that “puts you on edge”.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls