Is BA about to suspend LHR to Belgrade ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• AMcWhirter
    Participant

I ask before it appears from the carrier’s website that the final BA flight LHR to Belgrade will operate on September 29.

No flights are displayed after that date.

Right now that LHR-BEG flight on September 29 BA 888 is offered at a bargain o/w Y fare starting at £45.

1 user thanked author for this post.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Local media confirms the news.

BA only restarted its Belgrade flights at end October 2023.

https://www.exyuaviation.com/2024/05/british-airways-to-suspend-belgrade.html

cwoodward
    Participant

Another example of BAs route planning prowess ?
    The set-up costs involved must have been considerable.

1 user thanked author for this post.

JamesTC
    Participant

BA route planners maybe spotted JU’s high load factors on LHR-BEG and wanted a slice of the pie, however much of this is connecting through to Moscow; Belgrade being the only European gateway to Russia, other than Istanbul

2 users thanked author for this post.

WilliamRead
    Participant

Like the skill used by BA in building its own separate terminal at BHX, with no link to the existing terminal… then ceasing to fly from BHX shortly afterwards.

TominScotland
    Participant

To be fair to BA (and I know that is not the thing to do on this Forum)., they are not the only airline to axe routes when they do not live up to expectations. See Alex’s posting regarding the cancellation of Lufthansa’s Gatwick service as an example.

2 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

To be fair @TominScotland I see the comments made on this forum re BA normally both reasoned and fair with most hoping that the airline will now improve given the substantial investments finally being made.

It would thou be difficult to make a case for the route in question ever being started.
    My understanding of the Lufthansa Gatwick route cancellation is the lack of available equipment (?) not so BA and this is far from the first time that their route planning abilities have proved to be beyond inadequate

AndrewinHK
    Participant

Belgrade has an incentive program to encourage new routes, it is likely that without the incentives the route will be unattractive to BA and they are simply deploying the aircraft elsewhere, and the announcement of the route cut coincides with the launch of the new route to Tromso.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller June 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls