Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Anonymous

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Can any one report about iOS8.1 update and if there are any issues. More people seem NOT to be updating until issues the update causes, are solved.

Just on my way to FRA and not sure I want to take the risk on the 1 apple product I use..

Thanks..

BigDog.
    Participant

Am not an apple user myself however a client happened to mention yesterday Martyn, that for lap tops/Macs the OS upgrade was over 5gb – that is gigabytes not mega.
    As such it should only be done when you have reasonable amount of time, a reliable fast connection, and free.

If you are going to do it maybe it would be prudent to do it from home or work, and guess an Ethernet connection would be best.

SimonS1
    Participant

I read in a computer mag that it’s only worth doing it on iphone 5c/s upwards. Otherwise it slows things down big time.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I upgraded to ios8 with my iPad air. Disaster. User names and passwords are not retained. My favourite browser, Mercury, does not work properly and nor do several other apps. Battery life is definitely reduced. As a result none of the family have upgraded and I went out and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S. It is brilliant and leaves Apple standing.

P’S. Anyone want to buy a used iPad ?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

By the way. Does anyone alder get this annoying banner at the bottom of the page. It happens on both my tablets and in all my browsers but only on the BT page.

@LP definitely go to eBay if your looking to sell it, you will get a good price very quickly!

first_class_please
    Participant

I get then banner LP.

When I go to press the X to close it, I manage to open an ad every time.

Quite annoying.

paulkaz
    Participant

1.regarding iOS upgrade one weird thing is non apple charger cables no longer charge( but will connect to computer) so out with belkin charger and A$25 for apple one, otherwise no problem for 5s and ipad,
    2 regarding the punishing ad banner, had it for few months only on this site. Every time i open a new page i scroll down to where there is clear white margin on the right tap the screen then tap the x to close the banner. Doing so at any other part of the page will simply open what ever ad is sited in the right column under the banner. So frustrating and a brilliant way to annoy a potential customer.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Thanks GlobalFalcon. Actually the comment was a bit tongue in cheek as I’ve various family members jostling to get their hands on it! No-one will though as I’m addicted to Two Dots which is not yet on the Samsung.

Seems the banner on the bottom is a common feature. Perhaps BT admin have a way of getting rid of it???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls