Interview with Willie Walsh

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Gin&Tonic
    Participant

Lets assume you have the option to interview Mr. Willie Walsh, you are allowed 3 questions. What would they be. Would you deliver them in the style of Jeremy Paxman or Mary Berry?

BugAdvisor
    Participant

As Paxman (never heard of Mary Berry):
    Do you think that replacing the short-haul economy sandwich and cake with a packet of crisps will encourage people to fly BA?
    A short haul economy flight earns on average 10 tier points. 600 are required for Silver Status – do you think this encourages loyalty?
    Would you consider an exchange flight, where you flew Virgin Upper Class and Richard Branson flew BA Business Class?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

I have better things to do with my time, than interview someone whose views are well known.

canucklad
    Participant

Q1) As an airline , where would you rate BA compared to their competitors?
    Q2) On that basis, what other money saving enhancements have you planned to make you a better airline?
    Q3) can you lend me a million pounds from your recent bonus increase please?

icenspice
    Participant

Will BA First Class eventually be phased out?

Do you miss your days as a pilot?

Where do you feel most at home?

(Who is Mary Berry?)

Chutzpahflyer
    Participant

When will you restore BA’s leadership in seat design and service provided on board – having gone from innovator to also-ran in long-haul particularly?
    Why is it so difficult to find reward or upgrade flights for Exec Club members when other airlines either make it easier or have more reward capacity?
    More A380s please!

JohnHarper
    Participant

As Paxo:
    Any moron can reduce costs, it takes skill to reduce costs while retaining quality. Does anyone at BA have those skills?

As Mary:

When was a fun size Mars Bar classified as a meal?

Your understanding of service times and items served for afternoon tea are significantly different to mine. Could you please explain your rational?

Charles-P
    Participant

i) – What will be the effect on UK air travel of a continued delay in the expansion of Gatwick and Heathrow ?

ii) – Would airlines be prepared to fund research on a return to supersonic passenger flight ?

iii) – How soon before the public are prepared to accept single crew flight decks ?

MrMichael
    Participant

You must be very proud of the profitability sustained by BA when many of your European competitors like AF and LH are struggling. How will you continue that growth and profit and can you see a scenario where you might launch a takeover of AF/KLM or LH?

If you had to star rate your airline from 1 to 5 where would you put it and why?

Some of your customers and ex customers do not like BA anymore, however they go on and on harping about it…..does it bother you?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls