Infamous tea ceremony?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

BT

I have to ask…… in this article

British Airways makes service changes on Chinese routes

It states that all customers now have the option of Twining’s green tea, “giving a nod to the infamous tea culture that both China and Britain share”

Did they really write this or was it FFS (fat finger syndrome) at the BT end?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

They wrote it, and then corrected it on the press release they put on the website (to “popular”).

esselle
    Participant

They really are pushing the innovation boundaries. I predict the introduction of curry on routes to India, and perhaps sachets of HP in F to accompany the great British breakfast created in partnership with Little Chef.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Good grief – I have a low opinion of BA, but to issue a media release that insults a cultural cornerstone of two countries defies belief.

Mistakes happen, but where is the editorial oversight?

Forgive me for asking the question whether it was a BT lapse – I just could not believe that BA’s media department would let such a crass insult into the wild.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=787472]They really are pushing the innovation boundaries. I predict the introduction of curry on routes to India, and perhaps sachets of HP in F to accompany the great British breakfast created in partnership with Little Chef.

[/quote]

ROTFL 🙂 Maybe the slippers are made of edible paper? (and form the second meal) and eating a party sized Kit Kat with chopsticks will be entertaining.

esselle
    Participant

I did also hear that they will be trialling the provision of a single chopstick, rather than a pair, as a potential cost saving. The second will be available at extra cost “because we know our customers appreciate this added flexibility”.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=787478]I did also hear that they will be trialling the provision of a single chopstick, rather than a pair, as a potential cost saving. The second will be available at extra cost “because we know our customers appreciate this added flexibility”.

[/quote]

You nearly caused me to write off my keyboard with that one – excellent.

May I suggest from now on that we refer to Willie Walsh and Alex Cruz as the Infamous Pair?

esselle
    Participant

Yes, with what can only be described by those jealous types as an unenviable reputation.

canucklad
    Participant

Some good humour going on and I’ll add to it by suggesting another cost saving, sorry enhancement to the service.
    Simply do away with the chopsticks altogether and use the Kit Kats instead. They could pinch KFC’s old tag line and market the chopsticks as “Finger lickin good” ……

On a serious note, I find it astounding that a “world class airline like BA didn’t already have chopsticks and green tea on their oriental routes. I was particularly astonished at the proclamation of bilingual menu’s in the premium cabin.
    I never realised that ink was that expensive !!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

What an excellent idea Esselle, HP sauce with breakfast in F. That may even induce me to fly BA again. As long as they don’t levy an extra charge for it out course!

As to chopsticks. They can do away with those as far as I’m concerned. Give me a knife and fork any day!

FaroFlyer
    Participant

LP. Knife and Fork?

Americans, and Portuguese, use a “Fork ‘n Knife” 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=787513]LP. Knife and Fork?

Americans, and Portuguese, use a “Fork ‘n Knife” ?

[/quote]

Took me a few seconds Faro, then I got it. Nice one. ??

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls