Easyjet: Increase in seat reservation price.

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• MrMichael
    Participant

Last evening I booked four easyjet tickets for a quick and cheap getaway over half term.
    During the booking process I booked us four seats together, a row of 3 normal seats, and one extra legroom directly in front for me, they were £4.49 and £11.95 respectively.
    I got to the pay page and was informed my booking was invalid as I had inadvertently put my 15 year old daughter in the extra leg room (emergency row) seat on the return sector. I changed it to make sure I was in that seat, and it had gone up from £11.95 to £12.15. It was only 20p so not a show stopper.
    However it got me thinking about the fact that if one looks at a flight it can go up in price etc due to cookies so many of us on here use private browsing or similar to check flights so we don’t force the fare up. However, I never realised they are now at it with ancillary’s. Anyone else found this?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

DId you accidentally enter your BAEC number in the easyJet Plus field, when rebooking? 🙂

JohnHarper
    Participant

Always clear your cookies!

ABBA.

MrMichael
    Participant

I cant clear the cookies half way through the booking process, the site did not ask me to start again, merely take the 15 year old out of an exit row and put her somewhere else. I did that by swopping an adult with the child. At that point I noted I had been charged 20p for the pleasure.

Ricardo
    Participant

MrMichael – be grateful you’re not flying BA. I am on economy to Boston next week. If I want an exit seat it will cost me £58 (in addition to the £34 I had already paid to be in a window seat further back).

In March 2017, 3 of us are flying to Johannesburg with BA in Club. It is a 747 and if we want to choose seats together it will cost £83 per person each way. If we all want to be on the upper deck it will cost £93 per person each way. Some useless info here – the cost of reserving 6 seats ( 3 of us return trip to J’burg) will be in excess of an economy return fare!

I have seen other posts referring to BA being similar to a LCC. Not in my view!!!

Ciao. R.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

The most likely explanation for the increase is that at the start of the search it was basing the cost on a debit card. However if you changed to say credit card as the payment card it would reflect the charge in the cost of the items. Otherwise Easyjet don’t change the seat allocation fee pricing based on demand – it stays the same whether 1 seat taken or all but 1 seat taken.

MrMichael
    Participant

Thanks Tim, paid with Amex but that could well explain it. Perhaps they are missing a trick in not selling extra legroom based on demand!

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

No worries – I’ve booked over 60 flights on them this year and never seen that happen so that should be it. Same for baggage for example. Might be £36.00 but then add a credit card as payment type and it becomes £36.72 for example.

planegeek
    Participant

A tangent, but just wanted to add that I just came back from the South of France on Easyjet….I love their exit row seat option, which includes by default speedy boarding (very useful if you only have hand luggage) and in some airports separate check in. It’s like Premium Economy (or dare I say even equivalent to many airlines’ short haul business class) for £12 e/w! Also, if you have’t tried Montpelier Airport for the South of France, do – it is literally a dream, especially when compared to complex and overcrowded Nice

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls