Incompetent Lufthansa Call Center Service in Australia

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

wwtraveler
    Participant

End of February, I plan a Business trip to Germany.
    As a Lufthansa senator, I received upgrade voucher which I planned to use for the upcoming trip.
    Today I called Lufthansa in Singapore to ask if the voucher are still valid. I was told by Lufthansa that my vouchers are still valid.
    Unfortunately for the planned trip I could not use them on Lufthansa, since no seats are available for my desired dates.
    Lufthansa mentioned to me that the voucher are as well valid on any other Star Alliance partners.
    For the upgrade with Star Alliance Partners, Lufthansa told me the booking classes of the tickets which I need to buy.

I checked with Lufthansa a second time and asked if they could tell me which flights out of several dates are upgradeable.
    Lufthansa checked with me on the phone the availability with Singapore Airlines.
    Lufthansa told me that upgrades are available on Singapore Airlines for the 2nd of March 2012, on SQ 326 and on 19th of March on SQ 325.

I wasn’t told by Lufthansa that there is the slightest chance that the upgrade might be rejected.

I called Singapore Airlines and bought a B Class ticket for the before mentioned flights. After the ticket was issued I called Lufthansa again and requested the upgrade.
    I was so buffed when Lufthansa, approximately 35 Minutes after the initial call told me the upgrade was not possible because the upgrade was rejected.

I bought a B class Eco ticket on Singapore Airlines. It is around 600 SGD more expensive then the most expensive ticket I could book this afternoon online on the Singapore Airlines website.
    When I cancel the ticket, I have to pay 100USD cancellation fee.

I am not pleased about such a bad service.

LPPSKrisflyer
    Participant

SIA very rarely upgrade passengers for either miles or vouchers, it’s pretty common knowledge.

Use of the upgrade vouchers is subject to availability. IME upgrades always clear on LH about four days out if not within 72 hours of booking. My status with LH is also SEN.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I find the LH call centres miserable and avoid them whenever I can. In s. Africa the Senator service is handled by Lufthansa and what a useless and unfriendly bunch they are. I prefer to call Switzerland and deal with the Swiss call centre in Basel where they are really friendly and helpful.

In booking my ticket with them (same price as online but with advantage you can discuss availability etc) I always check which tickets / days I need to buy and then immediately use vouchers or miles to upgrade.

I can then sleep soundly knowing I have my upgrade and of course my favourite seat.

OzTraveller
    Participant

wwtraveler: i’m a bit confused – why was the call centre in Australia incompetent ( or do you mean Singapore?) .. I think your complaint (if you could consider it that) should be directed to Singapore Airlines.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls