Improve Heathrow Suggestion

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

jsn55
    Participant

As a frequent connector at LHR, I would like to volunteer to come over from San Francisco and help management with signage. Understand that English is my native language. I have had less trouble getting around in the Czech Republic.

Heathrow is an AIRPORT, frequented by people who are not familiar with it. Signs are needed to direct them. It is absurd to have to find an Information Desk to determine where Departures are located.

Just say the word, I’ll come over to set it up, shouldn’t take more than a week, a pair of walking shoes, a pen and paper.

JamesMalta
    Participant

Not really sure what you mean, as we have had no problems to date, likewise our visitors from numerous countries. I would say that LA could learn a thing or two.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I travelled a lot when young, and from the age of seven or eight my parents would set me the challenge of negotiating the airport to get us all to the plane.

I have to say I have always found BAA airports very well signposted, with clear, bright and unambiguous signage. Airports are usually quite stressful, but you shouldn’t ever feel you can’t ask someone for assistance, as fellow travellers are usually more than happy to assist.

Existing LHR terminals can be a bit of a rabbit warren; I am sure the intuitive progression from pavement to aircraft in one forward direction at the new Terminal 5, which opens in March 2008, will ease matters significantly, especially for those whom English is not a native tongue.

http://www.ba.com/terminal5

AussieM
    Participant

TOILETS is one of the signs that, written in english, should always be avoided at LHR!

The signs there ,if you go, will carry you to a lovely odour, not available in Duty free shops, The sign that has a digital number saying we clean the toilet every 90 minutes is usually over 100, & its a great welcome state that can only be matched by The Underground environment. Certainly as dirty. I have travelled to over 50 countries, n LHR has the worst most dirty toilets.

Its a sign you wont forget!!!

Isabel07
    Participant

i take it toilet signs aren’t considered “representative of country x” as they should be (because it’s a privacy environment). however, be aware frequent travellers of the sign I spotted in a toilet last week: ” DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BABY UNATTENDED” as if lost luggage wouldn’t be enough…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls