If you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member, LISTEN UP

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Anonymous

OnlyDelta
    Participant

I am not sure if this was already talked about, I will put this information out anyway.
    If you are a Hyatt Gold Passport member, this is for you. Hyatt Hotels Gold Passport Program has implemented a change
    In mid-January to their room upgrade policy that will seriously impact the number of points you will be using to upgrade.
    Until that time as a Gold Passport member you could use 3000 points for Regency Club upgrade and 6000 points for
    Suite upgrade. The upgrades for valid for a total of 4 days for those point values.
    As of January of this year, Hyatt Gold Passport adopted the room upgrade policy, that for your hard earned 3000 or 6000 points
    You can only upgrade for ONE night at the time. What does this mean to you? I will tell you.
    Let say you want to use your points to upgrade to a suite at one of the Hyatt hotels of your choice for 3 nights. Because of the policy change
    Implemented this January, the points you will have to turn over to Hyatt will be 18000. Yes Eighteen Thousand. Think how long it takes to accumulate
    18000 points, even if you are a Diamond member. Also I did not see any information about this from Hyatt, did you? It was kept nice and quiet.
    Make up your own mind if you want keep forking over the money to Hyatt for absolutely no return on your investment.

ThomasK
    Participant

The CEO and Hyatt GP made this change public last year in November. Not nice but they gave plenty time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls