If it looks like a duck …

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Guys

What would you think, if you saw someone in the street wearing one of these things?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/8808124/Jogger-in-vest-mistaken-for-suicide-bomber.html

I think I’d call 112, sorry 999!

RichHI1
    Participant

I think they would also call 911 if he wore that in Iran or Syria. Why isn’t it high visibility orange if ti is for jogging?

watersz
    Participant

yes i thoink there was a certain amount of racial profiling

thats why the police are called the bizzies up north i supose

RichHI1
    Participant

Following events in Norway I think anybody wearing something like that would be suspicious. Why on earth did the company that nakes them try to copy a flak jacket? If it was dayglo orange with jogger written on it there would have been no problem. Utter stupidity on behalf of the manufacturer.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“Utter stupidity on behalf of the manufacturer.”

You are so right. It looks like something very nasty.

robsmith100
    Participant

Just be glad he wasn’t in any major city as it would of been a case of shoot first and ask questions later?

He should of ideally worn in it under his jacket from the start. Seriously though don’t knock these things as they are fantastic more practical than a weighted sack. They are designed that way to have weight evenly distributed and can be adjusted easily.

Running is not the only exercise to use it for, try chin-ups, press ups, sit-ups, squats, jump squats, burpees and even a bastardo (avariation of a burpee but incorperating a press up). Also not cheap at £100

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls