IBERIA – unresponsive

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• Anonymous

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

Has anyone else had problems claiming credit of points with Iberia ? I have been fighting for nearly 2 months to try to get a London-Madrid codeshare with BA credited. They have insisted that I provide a copy of my ticket and do not appear to accept that an e-ticket is just that !

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

UPDATE –
    Travelocity quickly provided me with the e-ticket number/details telling me that it was all they could provide and that this would be sufficient for Iberia. Iberia have refused to accept this stating …. “In accordance with the information you have supplied, for getting the ticket, you have to ask in the travel agency or where the ticket was emiited, they have the obligation of having it during one year”.
    Once again the passenger is in the middle. I thought e-tickets were supposed to make things easier !
    Anyone any suggestions what to do next ?

Dear Travelling4Fun,

Have you tried forwarding your original email receipt for your e-ticket to Iberia? Aternatively you could ask if they will accept a copy of your boarding pass if you still have it.

As a last resort you could contact the AUC (The UK’s consumer watchdog for the aviation industry) at http://www.caa.co.uk/auc, who may be able to help you with your query.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

Thank you Business Traveller.

Yes – I think I have done everything I could and they have the Boarding Pass (sent by recorded mail in early January) and the booking confirmation sent by Travelocity but still they will not help. I have even given them the e-ticket number. This is still not acceptable to Iberia.

Last night I wrote again to Travelocity and they are contacting Iberia and will respond once they hear back. I am very pleased with their support for me.

I have also asked Iberia for the name or title and email address of someone to whom I can complain about the service but have had no response. (Last week I asked for my correspondence to be taken to a supervisor with an equal lack of success). I will await Travelocity’s reply but may well contact the AUC.

Thanks again ! I will keep this thread posted…..

Munkyboi
    Participant

If its an IB codeshare and you flew on a BA aircraft then this is a regular problem!

If you are trying to claim miles for your BA EC account then just complete the BA missing miles form and fax to BA with copy of boarding pass.

Points added within 4 weeks normally.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

Thanks for this. The codeshare was on a BA aircraft (instead of Iberia) and was about 10 weeks ago. I have sent Iberia everything I have – now I am just waiting to see if Travelocity can persuade Iberia to see reason and honour its commitments.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

UPDATE –
    Travelocity intervened on my behalf and told me that if I telephoned Iberia they would credit my points. Of course Iberia was as unhelpful as usual when I called this morning. Straight away I wrote to Travelocity – who replied that Iberia require me to speak to them before I can have my points credited.

So, I am still in the middle without the points that I have earned and need to ensure that I will not have to pay for lounge access after the end of the month.

Iberia has still failed to provide me with information as to whom I can address my complaint.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

UPDATE

This week I began to become hopeful after nearly 3 months of trying to persuade IBERIA to credit me the points I am due. I spoke to an employee at IBERIA who was actually helpful (most unusual !) but even though I have been requesting a credit and sending IBERIA the information since the beginning of January (ie within two weeks of the flight concerned) this is what Travelocity have reported to me today :

“I have contacted Iberia Plus on 0034913742737 and forwarded your IB Plus card number. Upon checking the flight details, they have
    confirmed that they cannot credit the air miles to your IB card as the
    flight booking is a pastdated flight.”

I don’t blame Travelocity because they have worked hard on my behalf – impressively so, but to me IBERIA has stolen my points and left me at a lower status than I should be. I am astonished that they take this attitude to their members !

You can read the full sequence of events on : http://iberiaandcustomerservice.blogspot.com/

I intend to pursue this but they refuse to my reply to my request to provide me with a contact name and address to whom I can complain. This will not deflect me from pursuing the matter…..

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

I sent another fax to Iberia on 17/3 asking for the contact details of a supervisor or manager to whom I could make a complaint. No response of course, but as I did my daily check I see that my points have been awarded at long last ! This should take me to gold card – though even with more than enough points now awarded I see that I am still only acknowledged as silver. I’ll give it a couple of days and see what happens before following that up.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

I emailed this message :

Good morningI have just looked at my details on your website and believe that I have achieved enough points to put me at Gold level. My membership still details me at Silver.

Can you confirm that I am Gold or let me know how many more points I need to reach Gold.

Many thanks for your help

Of course true to form I have had no response. I have now emailed it a second time.

Incidentally, there has been no reply to my three requests for the name and contact details of a manager or supervisor to whom I can take my complaint. IBERIA not one thumbs down but at least FIVE given the quality of your service to this IBERIA PLUS member (who has enough points to be gold even if you refuse to confirm it !).

I have started my own blog which now details all events in chronological order : http://iberiaandcustomerservice.blogspot.com/

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

I have updated my own blog (www.iberiaandcustomerservice.blogspot.com) – since there is now quite a lot of detail about my complaint with IBERIA. Today, since no one has replied to me, I have written to the Chairman of IBERIA. You can see the letter on my blog.

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

Finally a response – a gold card membership card is on it’s way. Recognition at last !

See my blog for the full details and the speed at which they responded today (under 4 hours !). There is still an issue to be resolved …. so keep reading…….

Travelling4Fun
    Participant

The website still listed me as being silver and so I emailed the Gold Card centre pointing this out. Although no reply was received by me, when I log in I am now acknowledged as being a Gold Card member.

I am pleased with the final result but the story is disappointing in that no apology has ever been received and despite asking on several occasions for the contact details of a manager or supervisor to whom I could complain no response has ever been given. In the end I wrote 19 emails, 5 faxes, made 3 telephone calls and sent one registered letter. Was it worth all the hassle and all the expense – probably not. However, ask me next time I am in the airline lounge at Rio and the answer is more than likely to be YES !

OPebble
    Participant

That’s IBERIA all over!

One of my fondest dreams is that BA buy IBERIA to get the S American traffic and fire all the Cabin Crew etc etc

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls