Iberia Situation Critical

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

• StandingThemUp
    Participant

To provide some balance, Lufthansa Group’s main challenges are in the non-flying segments of the business, unlike IAG.

CXDiamond
    Participant

Quite, the comparison between the state of LH Group operations and IAG operations is invalid. LH Group is in a far more healthy position than IAG.

MrMichael
    Participant

Just got back from Madrid (yet again) on IB. I was pondering on my flight a couple of interesting things about IB (along with the implications of the Trump victory and the appalling Tram accident in London this morning)..

The first was BOB and how it will impact on BA short haul. To be honest my view is that given how BA are doing it will likely work better than it does on IB. IB have had BOB on short haul for years. I was rather a detractor of IB, preferring BA, partly because I got a free coffee. But actually when using IB if in econ I don’t mind paying for the decent coffee it is. I guess a free crappy coffee or a paid for decent coffee brings me to decide I would rather pay for a decent one, as I would a sandwich or a salad or whatever else is available. Of course the ideal would be complimentary great coffee, but I accept for business reasons in the 21st century that is not going to happen.

The second is how improved IB actually is over the past 2 or 3 years. I find on the whole crews to be engaging and wanting to be there. In the past I felt IB crew considered pax to be no more than an irritant in the way of a smooth operation and on time flight. Nowadays an element of service is keenly shown by the vast majority of their crews. They still have the odd grumpy madam as does BA and pretty much every airline on earth, but it is clear investment in staff training and business acumen has taken place, and has for me, worked.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I started using IB about a year ago connecting through Madrid to various destinations. Air Nostrum is, for their short trips, remarkable good. Crew very smartly dressed and presented well significantly better than BA. Flew Business to Boston in April and very attentive CSD and stopped to say hello as I am a Diamond CX member. In Sept flew economy to JFK with the wife for a friends 50th Birthday bash. Both sectors the crew were awful. No interaction at all, they looked bored and they were poorly presented. I did advise one crew member that one of the toilets was a mess that needed cleaning and that was met with a shrug of the shoulders and ignored. The CSD or equivalent was nowhere to be found. I know that maybe a one off but is it symptomatic of the IAG mantra?.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

I should add the Boston and JFK sectors were IB

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls