Iberia move to T5 Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)

• LY512Forever
    Participant

Why does Qantas not join Iberia at T5. American at T3, I understand, but QF needs to be at T5.

Regards
    Garth

Surreyson
    Participant

QF can’t be in T5 as there is no space in the morning when they land.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It’s not a simple as that, Bucknet.

There’s a whole host of system integration/baggage alignment issues which need to be addressed.

Not to mention managing passengers’ expectations and giving fair warning of a terminal move.

LY512Forever
    Participant

Thanks for that. Can, , however one wonders why QF cannot then have pax arriving at T3 and then depart from T5…I remember this happening on Virgin for a while on the JNB flights? Gates at T3 and T5 would suit the A380…may get used to the ops. Regards G

Bucksnet
    Participant

I understand how things work. Moves could be planned now and introduced at the start of the winter season, which is over 3 months away.

skychai
    Participant

Bucksnet, BA.com will show all flights operating from their current terminals until BA decide to make the changes public. So a few dummy bookings on BA will not give an accurate picture for some flights 3 months hence. Of course were you to make a booking and the departure terminal change, BA will notify you.

Okay, back to the ‘list’ which I’m reading from, the final flight to transfer from T5 to T3, but as yet undecided, is Kiev.

LY512Forever
    Participant

GDS (Galileo) still shows T3 as departure Terminal if I try reserve an IB metal flight in December, so it yet to be updated there. Amadeus must still be the same too.

Bucksnet
    Participant

What is this list and where did you find it?

ConstantFlyer
    Participant

It makes no difference to me what Heathrow terminal Iberia flies from while they remain as consistently dreadful an airline to fly on as Heathrow is as consistently dreadful an airport in which to change terminals.

BGIWorldTraveller
    Participant

Bucksnet

I quite agree with you, particularly about the BDA and BGI flights moving from LGW to LHR T5.

Regards

jet72uk
    Participant

BGI and BDA will never move to LHR. They work extremely well from Gatwick. (route network planning dept).

dutchyankee
    Participant

BDA and BGI (BGI in particular for me personally as I travel there every November) would be brilliant if moved to T5. I understand the rationale being, as traffic to those two destinations is mainly British and non-connecting, for them to stay at LGW, much like TPA and my other favorite MCO, however, as the only two destinations out of LGW with the First product, it would be nice to offer the same quality First pre-flight experience as what you can expect at T5. Further, BA is the only European scheduled carrier serving both BGI and BDA, and there must be a way to market this advantage for greater connecting traffic from the continent and further afield to make LHR a more viable option.

jet72uk
    Participant

St Lucia also now has the First product – with more to follow.

dutchyankee
    Participant

Sorry, yes you are right, I forgot UVF has First. Which others will receive it. I fly MCO every 6-8 weeks in CW. When it was a 747 of course there was a First cabin which was great. I know this is a real tourist route, but I would be very happy to see the return of First to MCO. If more routes will benefit from First, I hope the lounge experience will likewise improve as well as for now it is pretty shabby when compared to T5 Concorde Room.

Age_of_Reason
    Participant

All the above waffle proves is that LHR is terminally (sic) inadequate for UK population’s air travel needs, and the sooner HS2 is built to share the load with BHX & MAN, and the sooner BA et al see the benefits of 2-hub operation like AF-KLM and Lufty FRA-MUN the better.

LGW seems to be getting a new lease on life out of the BAA yoke. The sooner EDI or GLA joins the independent melee the better.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 75 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller May 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls